The most romantic gift ideas for couples are things that say “As you wish.” Remember The Princess Bride’s Wesley and Buttercup? “As you wish,” was the most romantic thing Wesley said to Buttercup. He was honest and real – and that’s the most romantic gift you can give someone you love.
These “I Love You” Pillowcases for Couples are cute, but not overly sentimental or corny. They’re also a great gift idea for couples in long distance relationships or who travel alot separately, because you can always fold the pillowcase small and stick it in a suitcase.
If you are in a long distance relationship, read 10 Best Gifts for Couples in Long Distance Relationships.
The following romantic gift ideas will add zest and love to your celebration, whether it’s a birthday, anniversary, or apology. They range from technology (an iPhone or Kindle could be a romantic idea for a birthday, depending on what apps you upload) to long holidays.
If you really want to spice things up in the bedroom, check out the Chocoholics Divine Desserts Truth or Dare Game on Amazon.
Don’t just celebrate your partner’s birthday; fan the flames of passion and strengthen your relationship with romantic expressions of love. “You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover’s arms can only come later when you’re sure they won’t laugh if you trip.” ~ Jonathan Carroll. Most of these birthday ideas won’t trip you up or embarrass you in front of your partner! They’re safe, yet adventurous.
And, read on for several romantic birthday presents…
Romantic Gift Ideas
If your loved one loves poetry, consider a book of romantic poems or a framed photo of you with the words “As you wish” on it. Sometimes those romantic gift ideas are the most meaningful – the gifts that are lovely, sentimental, and heart-warming.
What to Buy on Valentine’s Day has a great list of romantic gifts for couples, especially if February 14 is around the corner!
1. A thoughtful gift that your partner has long wanted but hasn’t splurged on: a new laptop, iPhone, digital camera, MP3 player, etc. Computer technology may not seem like a romantic gift at first, but if you give something like a Kindle Fire, you could pre-load it with stuff your partner loves. What’s more romantic than that?
Make it a green birthday celebration, and buy a biodiesel or hybrid vehicle (yikes, we’re really getting extravagant now!). Ask friends and family members what your partner might like for his or her birthday — you might have to do a little digging.
Get my free weekly "Blossom Tips" email - it's short and sweet. You'll love it!
2. A spa day of pampering. I really enjoyed the manicure, pedicure, and facial that my hubby gave me for my birthday last year — but I liked his homemade coupons even better! “Good for one foot and hand massage,” and “Good for one full body massage” were written on pieces of paper. Boy, those were romantic gifts.
Or, go for a Green Tea Zen Calming Bath and Body Set and relax in the bubbles together.
3. Anything engraved with meaningful words from your heart: wine glasses, a watch, tie clip, a locket. Immortalizing your favorite sentimental moment or funny joke is a romantic gift idea for birthdays or any special occasion.
4. Something hobby-related. Is your partner into yoga? Running? Starting new businesses? Reading? Writing? Baking? Money-making? Kids? Indulge with something practical or fancy — something truly necessary or simply luxurious.
5. A gift certificate for dance, cooking, or painting lessons — with the promise that you’ll go, too — is both healthy and romantic.
6. Victoria‘s Secret or La Senza lingerie or fun, intimate boxer shorts are romantic gift ideas. Put a romantic book for couples in love in the bathrobe pocket…it’s both practical and luxurious! Make it a green birthday by splurging on organic lingerie — bamboo is soft and gorgeous.
If your love life needs a boost, read Healthy Sex – 10 Natural Ways to Make Love Better.
7. Seasonal tickets to the opera, ballet, symphony, ballgames or community theatre. Buying tickets for future events is a great way to say “I love you”; it shows that you want to spend time with your partner.
11. Tickets to a dinner theater, cruise, Cirque de Soleil, etc. Splurge on two tickets for a romantic night out, with a fancy, candle-lit evening at a French restaurant with a view.
12. A spontaneous visit and delivery of a gourmet food basket, flowers, or a bunch of balloons. Anything that surprises your sweetie and shows thought and attention is a great birthday gift. Bringing a gourmet gift basket on a weekend getaway is a great gift idea.
13. A last minute or future vacation together such as an all inclusive vacation package is definitely full of romance and love. If the trip can’t happen for months in advance, give brochures, books, or trinkets now that represent the future holiday.
For more romantic gift ideas, read How to Show You Care – 5 Fun, Light-Hearted Expressions of Love.
I welcome your thoughts on these romantic gifts for couples in love – share your ideas below!
Your thoughts are welcome below! I don't give advice, but you can get free relationship help from marriage coach Mort Fertel.
Finding the right gift for couples in love takes time and effort. That’s part of expressing your love.