Here are this week’s new articles from The Adventurous Writer; I’m writing in sunny Salzburg, Austria. On my blogs this week, I’ve covered everything from investing in your writing career to overcoming jet lag – which I’m doing right now! Last week’s new articles included Halloween, Internet Affairs, and Challenge Tests.
Before the articles, here’s one of my favorite quotations from Marianne Williamson:
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.’ We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we’re liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
– From A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of “A Course in Miracles.”
Lovely, no? And now a roundup of my most recent articles on my four blogs…
New Articles on Quips & Tips for Successful Writers
Sign up for my free weekly "She Blossoms" newsletter
- The Best Ways to Invest in Your Writing Career – because, fellow scribes, you have to spend money to make money!
- Creative Things to Do for Your 40th Birthday – a full list and description of Michael Stelzner’s Top 10 Writing Blogs, because I’m chuffed that Quips & Tips is one!
New Articles on Quips & Tips for Achieving Your Goals
- 7 Remedies for Jet Lag– because I flew to Austria a few days ago, and am up at 2:30 a.m. every night! Here’s how sleeping pills help…
- Tips for Hiring a Personal Fitness Trainer – for people who need external motivation to lose weight and get fit.
New Articles on Quips & Tips for Couples Coping With Infertility
- Can’t Get Pregnant? 3 Complicated Fertility Tests of an Infertility Workup – this is list and brief description of three more complicated types of fertility tests, which will help women figure out why they can’t get pregnant.
New Articles on See Jane Soar
- Money Tips for Women in Their 20s, 30s, and 40s – a wonderful overview of how to become financially stable in the first half of your life, from the financial experts at Women & Co.
- Turning Failure to Success for Female Entrepreneurs – Maya Angelou – because I love the quotation, “Ever tried, ever failed? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” – Samuel Beckett.
New Articles on Psychology Suite101
- The Top 10 Qualities of Good Psychologists – wanting to be a psychologist is different than actually being a good one; this list of the best qualities will help people decide if counseling is the career for them.
Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott is my reading material while I explore Austria – it’s a perfect balance between serious writing advice and light happy reading.
I’m also making my way through Sophie’s Choice, but it’s a bit of a slog. It’s a slow, meandering novel that includes lots of descriptions and background info…not my favorite type of reading. But, I wanted to bring a classic along.
Click Bird by Bird book for more info about one of my favorite books about writing, and have a great week!
Laurie's "She Blossoms" Books
Growing Forward When You Can't Go Back offers hope, encouragement, and strength for women walking through loss. My Blossom Tips are fresh and practical - they stem from my own experiences with a schizophrenic mother, foster homes, a devastating family estrangement, and infertility.
How to Let Go of Someone You Love: Powerful Secrets (and Practical Tips!) for Healing Your Heart is filled with comforting and healthy breakup advice. The Blossom Tips will help you loosen unhealthy attachments to the past, seal your heart with peace, and move forward with joy.
When You Miss Him Like Crazy: 25 Lessons to Move You From Broken to Blossoming After a Breakup will help you refocus your life, re-create yourself, and start living fully again! Your spirit will rise and you'll blossom into who you were created to be.
You’re welcome to share your thoughts, questions, concerns, or jokes below…