Here are this week’s new articles from The Adventurous Writer – they range from writing author bios to overcoming infertility depression to weight loss tips for teens! Plus, below is my “what I’m reading” and book recommendation for the week.
First, a quip for writers:
“Failure is part of it. You will be rejected dozens and dozens of times. The best way to prepare for it is to have something else in the works by the time the rejection letter arrives. Invest your hope in the next project. Learning to cope with rejection is a good trait to develop.” – Po Bronson.
Learning to cope with rejection is a good trait for all people, not just writers. Bounce back and move forward, my friends! And, check out my newest articles…
New Articles on Quips & Tips for Successful Writers
- How to Write an Author Bio to Accompany Your Byline – as requested by a fellow writer, through Twitter.
- Writing Good Sentences – 5 Tips for Making Your Words Flow – because you can’t keep readers until the bitter end unless your sentences flow!
- How to Become a Freelance Writer – a round up of tips from published authors, freelance writers, script writers, bloggers, and editors.
New Articles on Quips & Tips for Achieving Your Goals
- Weight Loss Tips for Teens – From Fat Blasting Dance to Dr Oz — because a teen asked for help on one of my Suite101 articles.
- 6 Ways to Create Long-Term Success — because a reader asked for help on one of my Suite101 articles!
- Getting Started on Your Taxes – 9 Ways to Pay Less Income Tax— because I think it’s smart to think about taxes midway through the year if you’re an entrepreneur.
New Articles on Quips & Tips for Couples Coping With Infertility
Sign up for my free weekly "She Blossoms" newsletter
- Reasons for Low Sperm Count and Male Infertility — interesting new research on the evolutionary causes of infertility.
- Dr Phil’s Tips for Women Obsessed With Having a Baby — I made a point to watch Dr Phil that day because he was featuring infertile couples who want to get pregnant — and was infuriated with Dr Phil’s advice!
- How to Overcome Infertility Depression — because infertility is a drag, but it doesn’t have to ruin our lives.
New Articles on See Jane Soar
- Overcoming Shame and Guilt – Erica Jong — based on a wonderful reasearch study from the University of Alberta (my alma mater).
- Dealing With Different Money Personalities as a Couple – Suze Orman — are you a saver or a spender? What about your partner? This was fun to write 🙂
- Overcoming an Unexpected Relationship Breakup – Eleanor Roosevelt — not because my hubby and I suddenly split up! A reader asked a question on Quips & Tips, which prompted me to write this post.
What I’m Reading This Week – Book Recommendation
I’m reading Building Findable Websites: Web Standards SEO and Beyond by Aaron Walter, and think it’s the perfect balance between basic and technical information. He discusses everything from WordPress plugins to managing domain names – some of it is way too “computer program-y” for me, but most of it is accessible, practical, and helpful. He highlights best practices for creating websites and blogging, and explains the “how to” clearly. I like this book much better than Blogging for Dummies.
The best part is that Walter’s tips will help readers find your website or blog, and encourage them to return! Click the book cover for more info on Amazon.
Do you need encouragement and inspiration? Click here for my free Blossom Tips newsletter! One email a week, short and sweet.
Your turn! If you have any thoughts, questions, concerns, or jokes, please share them below…