Here are this week’s new articles from The Adventurous Writer – and the Big News is that Quips & Tips for Successful Writers is now a Top 10 Writing Blog! Awesome. On my blogs this week, I’ve covered everything from Halloween to Clomiphene Challenge Tests – including networking tips for successful writers. Last week was What to Expect After You File for Divorce! and Thanksgiving.
First, here’s an interesting quip from How I Became a Successful Novelist (a work of fiction) by Steve Hely.
“The financial success of an author is inversely proportional to the literary worth of the book.” – Pete Tarslaw.
Me, I’d rather be a financially successful writer than a literary author! Call me a hack if you’d like (and people do), but I’m paying my bills and going on adventurous vacations 🙂
Okay, here’s a roundup of my new articles…
New Articles on Quips & Tips for Successful Writers
- 5 Over-Used Words and Phrases for Writers to Avoid – this is a guest post from Susan Johnston, of The Urban Muse. We write guest posts for each other every month; mine for her is the Practical Tips and Writing Inspiration for When You Can’t Write.
- Writing Quips and Tips From Annie Dillard – I love gathering writing quips from famous published authors, and pairing them with my own writing tips. This week, Annie Dillard is featured!
- Networking Tips for Successful Writers – my last two major writing jobs came from networking at a party…this articles summarizes a few ways to network for even the most introverted writers.
New Articles on Quips & Tips for Achieving Your Goals
Sign up for my free weekly "She Blossoms" newsletter
- How the Power of Love Can Save Your Marriage– my love and relationship articles are the most popular ones on Quips & Tips for Achieving Your Goals; this is more or less my best advice to readers (based on reader questions).
- Getting a Payday Loan? How to Avoid Borrowing a Paycheck Advance – I love getting press releases from Bills.com; they’re informative, practical, and tips-based! Plus, the powers that be let me post their info on my site. 🙂
- Kids’ Halloween Ideas – Candy Shopping, Halloween Parties, and Spending Money – this is a guest post from Karyn Hodgens, creator of KidsSave. She helps kids learn to take charge of their money, and has been contributing to Quips & Tips regularly.
New Articles on Quips & Tips for Couples Coping With Infertility
- Having Trouble Conceiving? Basic Fertility Tests of an Infertility Workup – a round-up of the easiest fertility tests for couples coping with infertility.
- Clomiphene Challenge Test – an Infertility Test for Women – my new fertility doctor recommended this important fertility test, which my two other fertility doctors never mentioned!
New Articles on See Jane Soar
- Online Relationships – How to Survive an Internet Affair – because so many readers are coping with emotional affairs and infidelity; this article is based on a male reader’s question (he cheated on his wife and wants to make it up to her) and a female reader’s response (her husband cheated on her).
- Healing Female Friendships – Michelle Obama – female friendships are so important for our emotional and physical health, and I always feel guilty for not maintaining my female friendships better…
New Article on Psychology Suite101
- New Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s Disease – interesting new research from the American Academy of Neurology found that poor money management skills can be indicative of future Alzheimer’s Disease.
What I’m Reading This Week – Book Recommendation
It’s been fun reading How I Became a Successful Novelist by Steve Hely – probably because I want to be a successful writer! Also, because it’s full of quirky characters and historical info about published writers. For instance…
“American novelist Amy Abbot McNicholas found writing so difficult that each morning she had her servant lock up all the chamber pots in the house, and keep them locked up until she was presented by her mistress with ten pages of prose. McNicholas died at 48 of a bladder infection.”
Click the book cover to go to Amazon for more info, and have a great week!
Laurie's "She Blossoms" Books
Growing Forward When You Can't Go Back offers hope, encouragement, and strength for women walking through loss. My Blossom Tips are fresh and practical - they stem from my own experiences with a schizophrenic mother, foster homes, a devastating family estrangement, and infertility.
How to Let Go of Someone You Love: Powerful Secrets (and Practical Tips!) for Healing Your Heart is filled with comforting and healthy breakup advice. The Blossom Tips will help you loosen unhealthy attachments to the past, seal your heart with peace, and move forward with joy.
When You Miss Him Like Crazy: 25 Lessons to Move You From Broken to Blossoming After a Breakup will help you refocus your life, re-create yourself, and start living fully again! Your spirit will rise and you'll blossom into who you were created to be.
You’re welcome to share your thoughts, questions, concerns, or jokes below…