Last week I asked about the best advice you ever got; thank you for emailing me! I collected a Bouquet of Blossoms, which you’ll find below.
But first, I want to remind you of something very important:
Expect the unexpected
Life is full of surprises, accidents, disasters, miracles and miseries. Moments you never saw coming that change your life forever. Good and bad, happy and sad, gloomy and glad…it’s all to be expected. Valleys. Mountaintops. Storms. Rainbows. Everything belongs.
Don’t be surprised by surprises, my friend. You can count on the unexpected to happen at any moment. In fact, the more you know about God, the less surprised you are when weird, wonderful, and woeful things happen.
Our Father delights in surprises, doesn’t He? Look how He creates a fresh new sunrise every morning and a colorful sunset every evening.
The seasons change, the moon is different every night, the earth is literally spinning, and life is filled with new births, natural aging, and sad deaths.
When you expect the unexpected, you’ll find peace, joy, and glory. You’ll be free to experience life fully when you walk with God through the valleys and over the mountaintops. Yes, life will still hurt and you will still feel the pain; Jesus Himself wept.
Want to Blossom?
But when you expect the unexpected — and if you keep following Jesus and walking humbly with our God — you’ll be prepared for anything. Miracles and miseries, wonders and woes, delights and disasters.
And you will Blossom through both the miseries and the miracles.
On Blossom This Week
“Why do my relationships always fall apart, fail, self-destruct?” is one of the most common relationship questions I get. That, and “How can I save my relationship from falling apart?” So I wrote: 3 Ways to Stop Your Relationship From Falling Apart.
Are you consumed by guilt and regret? The 7 practical steps in How to Forgive Yourself for Not Doing More will help you heal, let go of the past, and move forward. Who knows — maybe you’ll even start to plant the seeds and nurture the conditions that will help you Blossom into who you were created to be!
A Bouquet of Blossoms
A variety of advice, from turtles to being chased…
- Love yourself. – Paris
- When the perfect man comes along, do not rush to move in with him, because he isn’t what he appears to be. – Blossomy Girl
- Trust your gut. Listen to your instincts. – Jennifer
- Make sure your brain is engaged before putting your mouth in gear. – Edna
- Don’t agonize and stress about things you have NO control over. If you can’t change something, don’t waste energy that you could use on things that matter. – Suzi
- My father, who was a notorious womanizer, told me that men enjoy chasing. Whether it’s a ball, a job or a woman, if he’s not chasing it, he’s not interested. Even a shy man will risk humiliation to get to you if he really wants you. As a woman, I never have to do a man’s job…if he’s interested he’ll chase me. – KW
- Think. Then, think again. Count to 10 before giving an answer. If you’re married, never take an argument to bed!! – Mike
- NEVER ASSUME. you may think you know the answer to many questions, but people can be weird and lead very different lives to your own. – Maria
- My grandmother taught me that if a thing is worth doing, it’s worth doing well. It’s rare a day goes by when I don’t think about this. It has made me strive for excellence and not perfection, to press thru when times are tough, to be committed and determined when others bail, and to give my word rarely but fulfill my promises. – Kari
- Drink a glass of water with the juice of one lemon every morning on an empty stomach. – Nihalnaguib
- I had a boss who asked me, “How do you eat an elephant?” Answer, “One bite at a time.” That was back in 1977 and I have used that advice throughout my life. – Sara-Jane
- Keep your head high! Things will get better – Caitlin
- Do what makes you happy. – Norma
- In our business, we are able to reach more people because we include non-Christians. Through our programs many have come to Christ. – Evelyn
- Think of myself as a winner a few days/months/years ahead! I never let myself think there could be a defeat that would actively involve me. – Vittoria
- Be myself and quit trying to compare myself to others. I’ve always tried to make others happy by stepping into the shoes they expected me to wear, ones that were too big, too tight, or plain not my style. When I realized I have my specific gifts for a good reason and was created by the good Lord to be exactly who I am, flaws and all, the pressure of other’s expectations started to vanish. Sure, some try to get me to put those shoes back on sometimes, but frankly, I just burned those things! I can get my own shoes. – Mandy
- When I was nervous about starting a new job, I said I could always go back to my old role. My supervisor said, “You won’t go back because you are not a turtle. Turtles walk backwards. Always move forward.” – Temme
- Don’t let your life be shaped by other people. Be the way you are and do what you want to do knowing that you always have choices! If you don’t choose, then other people may make choices that don’t fit you. – Was
May you Blossom into who God created you to be. If you feel alone and unwanted, read What to Remember When You Feel Like Nobody Cares.