Do you have experience working in social media for bloggers? I need to hire a Social Media Manager for my Blossom blogs; below is the job description and responsibilities.
I’ve been thinking about hiring a Social Media Manager – or a Community Manager – for almost a year. I hesitated because I hired blog writers in the past – back when Blossom was Quips and Tips – and I didn’t enjoy it at all. I describe what happened in Why I Stopped Hiring Bloggers to Write for Quips and Tips.
But hiring a Social Media Manager for my Blossom blogs is different! Why? Because I won’t have to review your blog posts, edit your work, or ask you to follow up on comments that readers left you. My intention is to hire a permanent Social Media Manager to respond to readers’ comments and questions, and to share Blossom on Pinterest and Facebook. I hope the role will expand – and it really will be up to you as Social Media Manager to tell me what else you can do share Blossom with the world! Below is the Job Description…
I’d like to call you my “Blossom Girl”, but that disqualifies male applicants. Since I do believe a guy can be an effective Social Media Manager for Blossom, I will definitely consider a “Blossom Guy.” Hey – maybe that could be a whole new series of blogs! 🙂
- Excellent written English skills
- Experience with Facebook groups
- At least one link to a Pinterest board you manage (currently or past)
- One professional reference – someone who can tell me what you did as their Social Media Manager
If you’re interested in applying for the job of Social Media Manager for Blossom, please share your cover letter in the comments section below. If I think Blossom would be a good fit for you, I will email you directly.
Social Media Manager for Blossom Blogs – Job Description
Below are the two main responsibilities for the job of Blossom Social Media Manager. Under that is a brief description of my 5 Blossom blogs. I hope to hire someone to work for two hours a day, five days a week….but we will take it one day at a time.
1. Respond to reader comments
On my Blossom in Love articles – such as the ever-popular 7 Healthy Ways to Let Go of Someone You Love – readers share their story and ask for help. I never give advice because:
- I’m a writer, not a counselor or coach
- I don’t know the full story or the people involved, so I’d be doing readers a disservice by telling them what to do
- I believe we all need to learn how to listen to that still small voice inside of us. To make a good decision, we have to tune into our intuition and trust ourselves.
Even though I don’t give advice, I want to respond to my readers in some way! But I just don’t have time…and that’s why I need you. As Social Media Manager for Blossom, you’d respond to readers who ask for help.
Here is a Sample Response to Readers
Thank you for sharing how difficult it is to ____??______ (for example, hire a Social Media Manager for your website). I’m sorry you’re going through this. I hope it helps to know you’re not alone, and your story will help others cope with a similar situation.
I wish I had good advice to give you about ______??_______ (for example, writing a good job description for a Social Media Manager position for your blogs), but I can’t tell you what to do, because I really don’t know enough about you or your situation.
Here’s a question for you: When you think about the choices you have, which decision fills you with hope, peace, joy, and life in the long term? That’s the path you should pursue. It won’t be easy – because nothing good ever is – but it will be worth it.
And, here’s an article that may help you cope:
How to Hire a Social Media Marketer
You might also be encouraged by my free weekly newsletter, called SheBlossoms. I help women look upwards to grow healthy and strong, emotionally and spiritually. You may find it helpful, and you can sign up here:
Take care of yourself, and keep reaching upwards and inwards!
If I hired you to work as my Social Media Manager, I would expect you to use that Sample Response to Readers – but you would need to edit it to fit the reader and her situation.
You would share a Blossom blog post that might help her with her problem, just like I did in the example. And, you’d put your name at the bottom of the email. You are free to take out the “Blessings” – just make it your own response. Be yourself; respond to the reader with warmth, compassion, and empathy.
2. Update Pinterest daily
You’d spend some time following 20 boards a day, interacting on 10 boards a day, and pinning 5 Blossom posts a days. You are welcome to post inspirational and encouraging pins from other sites.
Be creative, and express yourself! Your job is to help Blossom blossom – and to Blossom in your own creativity and work.
3. Interact on my “SheBlossoms” Facebook Group
I have a Facebook page, but my SheBlossoms Facebook Group is much more fun! It’s also brand new – only a couple weeks old. I’d need my Social Media Manager to post at least three things a day in the group.
Do you have any questions about working as the Blossom Social Media Manager? Feel free to ask in the comments section below. I welcome suggestions and feedback – I would love to hear your thoughts on this job description and potential work opportunity.
I won’t share a salary or wage in this article, because the possible range is so vast! I invite you to tell me what you expect to earn per hour or per week.
The Blossom Blog Series
I have five Blossom blogs; SheBlossoms – is my newest one. I also have a main website called The Adventurous Writer, but I don’t require it to be shared on social media.
1. Blossom in Love started out as Quips and Tips for Love and Relationships in 2010. I “rebranded” all my blogs in 2015 and am now Blossom. My most recent article is 5 Steps to Overcoming Insecurity in Your Relationships – and my purpose is to encourage and empower women in all types of relationships and situations.
2. Blossom in Life was originally Quips and Tips for Achieving Your Goals. It covers everything from overcoming career obstacles to making more money. That blog was supposed to help readers achieve their personal, professional, and financial goals…and my most recent article is 30 Home Based Business Ideas With No Start Up Costs. My most popular is 40th Birthday Gift Ideas for Her – Creative and Thoughtful.
3. Blossom in Your Writing – the blog you’re on right now – was first called Quips and Tips for Successful Writers. It’s the first blog I ever started, back in 2008. I love this blog! It’s all about writing, editing, getting published — and blogging! There, I combine quips from famous published writers with practical writing advice. My most popular article is 11 Types of Articles to Write for Magazines, and I write about everything from “how to grab your reader by the throat” to “reasons book manuscripts are rejected by publishers.”
4. Blossom in Health – originally Quips and Tips for Couples Coping With Infertility – was the blog I started when we found out we can’t have kids. My most recent article is Causes of Infertility for Men and Women Who Can’t Get Pregnant. Infertility is a drag, but it doesn’t have to destroy our lives! My husband and I rode the infertility roller coaster, but it hasn’t destroyed our dreams or crushed our spirits.
5. On my newest blog – SheBlossoms – I focus on the four most important parts of ourselves, to help us reach upwards and inwards: Creative You, Healthy You, Connected You, and Daring You. I am a Believer, and am in Christ. I encourage women to look upwards and inwards – to God – for wisdom and inspiration. My most recent article is How to Make a Decision by Looking Forwards.
Ok, over to you! Are you interested in this job as Social Media Manager for my Blossom blogs – and do you have any suggestions or feedback? I’ve never hired a social media marketer or community manager before, and I welcome your thoughts below.
Do you want write for a living? Join the Writers Work Community and get professional career training, writing tools, an online portfolio, and more. Need encouragement? Sign up for my weekly "Echoes of Joy" email - it's free, short, and energizing. Like me!