Hear ye, Hear ye! Here’s an opportunity for successful freelance writers, novelists, and bloggers to share what they know, motivate aspiring writers, and spread the word about their books, blogs, and businesses…
I’m writing an e-book, tentatively titled Quips and Tips for Achieving Your Writing Goals, which will describe ways for aspiring (and experienced) writers to overcome 20 different obstacles to writing. This book is for all types of writers: freelancers, novelists, bloggers, web writers, “armchair” writers, etc.
If you’re tempted to contribute to this e-book, but worry that you’re not “successful” enough – have no fear! You don’t need to make a million bucks as a best-selling author (yeah, right) to know how to overcome obstacles in life. Sometimes the most valuable quips and tips come from the quietest, least public writers.
So, check this “opportunity for successful writers” out…
Quips and Tips for Achieving Your Writing Goals: The E-Book
My two questions for freelancers, book authors, novelists, web writers, and bloggers are:
1. What two obstacles prevent you — or writers you know — from writing books, sending query letters, building blogs, or getting published? (not writer’s block, please — there’s lots of info out there on that).
2. What are two practical tips for overcoming those obstacles? I’m hoping for more than the same old (but valid) “get your butt in the chair and write” advice, please…I’d like to offer more creative tips.
And — how can I refer to you in this e-book? (name, credentials, books written, publications appeared in, etc)
If you’re interested in responding, please say “Email me, Laurie!” in the comments section below. I’ll send you my email address, and you can send me your answers. Deadline: Wednesday, March 10.
Second Opportunity to Publicize Your Books, Blogs, and Businesses
Would you like to feature your book, blog, or business on one of my five “Quips and Tips” blogs?
- Quips and Tips for Achieving Your Goals
- Quips and Tips for Spiritual Seekers
- Quips and Tips for Love Relationships
- Quips and Tips for Couples Coping With Infertility
- Quips and Tips for Successful Writers
If you’d like to write a short guest post, I’d be happy to feature you! On all my blogs, each article is 400-600 words and contains at least four tips for moving forward or solving a problem. Each article features a book with a link to Amazon. I’ll include your 1-2 sentence bio with links to your sites at the end of the article. If you’ve written a book that sells on Amazon, I’ll feature it. If not, I’ll feature a book related to your article. Previously published material is fine — and I may sprinkle SEO keywords in the article, so web surfers can find it easily and quickly!
When I post the article, I’ll send you the link. If I can’t use the article, I’ll let you know. No deadline on this.
Again — if you’re interested, please say “Email me, Laurie!” in the comments section…
As always, fellow scribes, I welcome your thoughts and questions below!