Quips and Tips for Successful Writers was chosen as one of the top ten blogs for writers – a first-time honor. Thank you Michael Stelzner for hosting this competition, which brings all sorts of writing blogs together, and for accepting Quips and Tips!
Here’s a list of all the winners, first with Michael’s thoughts about each and then with my own input. Whether you’re into blogging, freelance writing, or fiction writing, you’ll find a blog gem here…
Also, I want to feature Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett’s Problogger: Blogging Your Way to a Six Figure Income. I’ve learned alot from those two professional bloggers; click on the cover for more info. And, read on for a list of Stelzner’s top ten writing blogs…
A Top 10 Writing Blog – Quips and Tips for Successful Writers
Copyblogger: This site is the heavyweight champion of the world four years running (and one of the top blogs on the planet)! The brain-child of Brian Clark, his blog keeps winning because of its insightful articles.
- Can you believe I’m not following the number one blog for writers?! Shame on me; the situation is now rectified…
Men With Pens: James Chartrand and Harry McLeod maintain the number two slot with their inspiring content and rich community discussion.
- Blog readers love Men With Pens! They’re a wonderful example of loyalty and community in action.
Write to Done: This blog nearly always delivers a home run with its excellent articles for all writers and is the product of top blogger Leo Babauta.
- Write to Done regularly features Mary Jakesh, whom I love reading. And, Leo Babauta wrote a book and created a blog about zen habits and the art of simplicity.
Editor Unleashed: Inspired by the former Editor-in-Chief of Writer’s Digest, Maria Schneider explores writing, social media and community on her excellent blog.
- I usually wish I’d written what Schneider did…but the good news is she also has a list of top blogs for writers – which Quips and Tips for Successful Writers is on. 🙂
Freelance Writing Jobs: This site is the first stop for freelance writers seeking new work and great articles (and it remains a top winner since this contest began). Congrats Deb Ng!
- I recommend following Deb Ng on Twitter – her tweets range from her kid’s exploits to her observations about other writers and bloggers.
Confident Writing: Joanna Young delivers rich and useful articles that will help you take your writing to the next level.
- I hadn’t heard of Confident Writing until now, and I look forward to reading more of Young’s work!
Sign up for my free weekly "She Blossoms" newsletter
Urban Muse: Susan Johnston covers a wide range of excellent topics that all writers will enjoy.
- Susan and I write guest posts for each other every month; I especially enjoy her invitations to give feedback on specific questions (I think the last was “how do you ask for a raise as a freelance writer?”).
WordCount: Journalist Michelle Vranizan Rafter explores the challenges freelance writers face on her excellent blog.
- This is another writing blog I’ve never heard of – which is the beauty of these contests about top 10 writing blogs.
Quips & Tips for Successful Writers: A true cornucopia of ideas for writers, Laurie Pawlik-Kienlen provides endless content and freelancing tips.
- This is me! What can I say? I love blogging. 🙂
Fuel Your Writing: This site will certainly fuel you! Michelle Krasniak Oxman and her huge team of contributors provide great content for writers.
Laurie's "She Blossoms" Books
Growing Forward When You Can't Go Back offers hope, encouragement, and strength for women walking through loss. My Blossom Tips are fresh and practical - they stem from my own experiences with a schizophrenic mother, foster homes, a devastating family estrangement, and infertility.
How to Let Go of Someone You Love: Powerful Secrets (and Practical Tips!) for Healing Your Heart is filled with comforting and healthy breakup advice. The Blossom Tips will help you loosen unhealthy attachments to the past, seal your heart with peace, and move forward with joy.
When You Miss Him Like Crazy: 25 Lessons to Move You From Broken to Blossoming After a Breakup will help you refocus your life, re-create yourself, and start living fully again! Your spirit will rise and you'll blossom into who you were created to be.
- I can’t believe how well-rounded and informative this writing blog is…it’s incredible.
If you have any thoughts or comments on these top 10 writing blogs, I welcome you below!