Quips and Tips for Successful Writers was chosen as one of the top ten blogs for writers – a first-time honor. Thank you Michael Stelzner for hosting this competition, which brings all sorts of writing blogs together, and for accepting Quips and Tips!
Here’s a list of all the winners, first with Michael’s thoughts about each and then with my own input. Whether you’re into blogging, freelance writing, or fiction writing, you’ll find a blog gem here…
Also, I want to feature Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett’s Problogger: Blogging Your Way to a Six Figure Income. I’ve learned alot from those two professional bloggers; click on the cover for more info. And, read on for a list of Stelzner’s top ten writing blogs…
A Top 10 Writing Blog – Quips and Tips for Successful Writers
Copyblogger: This site is the heavyweight champion of the world four years running (and one of the top blogs on the planet)! The brain-child of Brian Clark, his blog keeps winning because of its insightful articles.
- Can you believe I’m not following the number one blog for writers?! Shame on me; the situation is now rectified…
Men With Pens: James Chartrand and Harry McLeod maintain the number two slot with their inspiring content and rich community discussion.
- Blog readers love Men With Pens! They’re a wonderful example of loyalty and community in action.
Write to Done: This blog nearly always delivers a home run with its excellent articles for all writers and is the product of top blogger Leo Babauta.
- Write to Done regularly features Mary Jakesh, whom I love reading. And, Leo Babauta wrote a book and created a blog about zen habits and the art of simplicity.
Editor Unleashed: Inspired by the former Editor-in-Chief of Writer’s Digest, Maria Schneider explores writing, social media and community on her excellent blog.
- I usually wish I’d written what Schneider did…but the good news is she also has a list of top blogs for writers – which Quips and Tips for Successful Writers is on. 🙂
Freelance Writing Jobs: This site is the first stop for freelance writers seeking new work and great articles (and it remains a top winner since this contest began). Congrats Deb Ng!
- I recommend following Deb Ng on Twitter – her tweets range from her kid’s exploits to her observations about other writers and bloggers.
Confident Writing: Joanna Young delivers rich and useful articles that will help you take your writing to the next level.
- I hadn’t heard of Confident Writing until now, and I look forward to reading more of Young’s work!
Sign up for my free weekly "She Blossoms" newsletter
Urban Muse: Susan Johnston covers a wide range of excellent topics that all writers will enjoy.
- Susan and I write guest posts for each other every month; I especially enjoy her invitations to give feedback on specific questions (I think the last was “how do you ask for a raise as a freelance writer?”).
WordCount: Journalist Michelle Vranizan Rafter explores the challenges freelance writers face on her excellent blog.
- This is another writing blog I’ve never heard of – which is the beauty of these contests about top 10 writing blogs.
Quips & Tips for Successful Writers: A true cornucopia of ideas for writers, Laurie Pawlik-Kienlen provides endless content and freelancing tips.
- This is me! What can I say? I love blogging. 🙂
Fuel Your Writing: This site will certainly fuel you! Michelle Krasniak Oxman and her huge team of contributors provide great content for writers.
- I can’t believe how well-rounded and informative this writing blog is…it’s incredible.
If you have any thoughts or comments on these top 10 writing blogs, I welcome you below!