When you’re a couple coping with infertility, it can be challenging to maintain physical intimacy and keep your love life strong. These marriage tips will help you stay in love — and happily intimate.
“Everyone in your life will win when you start making yourself a priority,” writes Dr Read in Till Sex Do Us Part. “You’ll feel better about yourself, your self-esteem will grow, and you’ll be a nicer person all around. Treating yourself well is a recipe for success.”
These tips for increasing physical intimacy are from Dr Read’s newly released book. Click on the book cover for more info — this resource for married couples is almost guaranteed to improve your love life (and make you want to stay married if you’re considering divorce)! Her info is interesting, easy to read, and effective. And, read on for Dr Read’s marriage tips for couples coping with infertility…
Marriage Tips for Couples Coping With Infertility
“Be fussy,” writes Dr Read. “This means paying attention and awakening your five senses: touch, sight, hearing, taste, and smell. The bonus is that you’re also awakening your sexual desire.”
Her tips for improving your love life include:
- Take time to carefully massage lotion into your hands, particularly between the fingers.
- Stroll by the perfume counter and try on a new fragrance.
- Determine your favorite passion – surprisingly, too many women can’t say what stirs the fires of passion in their belly.
- Take a bath with fancy salts, lotions, and potions. Soak, read books, and relax.
- Pluck your eyebrows.
- Indulge in something you want to do, like lying in bed and reading a magazine, and don’t feel guilty letting the housework sit for one night.
These marriage tips for couples coping with infertility are SO important, because intimacy is one of the first things that goes out the window!
More tips for improving your love life:
- Look through magazines to see if there’s a new hairstyle you want to try.
- Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a long time.
- Smile at a stranger.
- Smile at your partner.
- Give yourself a head massage while washing your hair.
- Give yourself a pedicure, manicure, facial.
- Really taste your food while you’re eating your lunch or any other time you rush through a meal.
And, here are some of my marriage tips for couples coping with infertility:
- Talk about your partner’s best qualities with your friends, family, and colleagues.
- Plan the rest of your life together – perhaps even a childfree life. Discuss your long-lost dreams, goals, hopes.
- Book a vacation, whether it’s a tropical holiday or a day trip in the country.
- Focus on what makes you really happy, whether it’s writing, hiking, reading, or taking night classes. The happier you are in your life, the more open you’ll be to physical intimacy with your partner!
To keep things interesting with your partner: 500 Lovemaking Tips from relationship expert and author Michael Webb. And remember that infertility affects marriages in different ways.
If you have any questions or comments on these marriage tips, please share your thoughts below…