There are several ways to improve male fertility naturally. I interviewed a fertility expert and acupuncturist for information on herbal supplements, zinc, and other natural fertility treatments for men.
Fairhaven Health’s FertilAid for Men is a natural way to improve male fertility – but it doesn’t “cure” all male fertility problems.
Here’s what Kristen Burris says about overcoming many male fertility problems: “There are many exceptional options to naturally increase sperm count, quality and motility,” says Burris. “My husband and I both have had considerable success treating male infertility, including poor sperm count, quality and motility. Many of our patients are considered ‘infertile’ by their reproductive endocrinologist when they first see us. After 3-6 months of treatment their counts, quality and motility are all in the fertile range.”
Burris and her husband use acupuncture as a safe, effective male infertility treatment.
Here are Burris’ tips for improving male fertility and increasing sperm count naturally…
Natural Ways to Improve Male Fertility
Herbal medicine can help treat male infertility by improving the general health of the man, using anti-aging components and adaptogenic effects. The herbs also have the ability to regulate the endocrine system, balance hormone production, and treat reproductive disorders safely.
Acupuncture has been proven time and time again to improve sperm in infertile men. A study published in July 2005 issue of the journal Fertility and Sterility found that acupuncture improved sperm quality in infertile men’s semen. In the study, 28 men received acupuncture in addition to traditional infertility treatments, while another 12 men received only the traditional treatments. All of the men were diagnosed with unexplained infertility.
Acupuncture was associated with fewer structural defects in the sperm of men who received it, although it had no effect on sperm immaturity or premature death. Previous studies have also shown a link between acupuncture and improved sperm production and motility.
For more information, read How Acupuncture Affects Infertility. And to find an acupuncturist near you go to Acufinder on the Internet. Visit Burris’ website for information about expert acupuncturists.
Quick Tips for Male Fertility
Here are some things you can do to improve ejaculate volume, viscosity, appearance, pH balance, sperm count, motility and morphology:
Want to Blossom in faith?
- Consider herbal medicine, as it’s effective in treating sperm quality, quantity and motility for many men. Expect a minimum of three months to improve sperm; re-analyze sperm after six months of herbal medicine treatment to ensure it’s working effectively.
- Eliminate alcohol; it decreases the ability to produce testosterone.
- Eliminate smoking, recreational drugs (including marijuana), and stress.
- Avoid vigorous exercise, saunas, hot tub, hot baths, tight underwear and bicycle riding; they lead to increased temperature in the testicles and potentially reduce sperm count. Some research shows that laptop computers are related to male infertility.
- Take 40-80 mg of Zinc (never more than 100 mg daily), in supplements and food.
- Take 200-400 iu Vitamin E daily, which helps balance hormone production. Wellness Essentials for Men has 50 iu. Vitamin E is also easy to supplement in your diet.
- Eat almonds, cold pressed vegetable oils, dark leafy greens, legumes, nuts, seeds, whole grains, eggs, brown rice, kelp, milk, oatmeal, wheat, wheat germ, sweet potatoes and flax seeds.
- Eat foods to eat to increase sperm virility, quality and production: scallions, lamb, shrimp, black beans, kidney beans, yams, clams and oysters. To learn more, read 5 Foods to Increase Sperm Count, Production, and Motility.
- Avoid the herbs: Echinacea, ginkgo biloba and St. John’s Wort
- Avoid these medications (with a doctor’s supervision): Zantac (Ranitidine) and Tagamet (Cimetidine)
Some natural health experts recommend having intercourse every other day for one week during her most fertile time of the month (ovulation). To learn more, read Sex Frequency for Couples Trying to Conceive a Baby.
There are many natural ways to improve fertility for men, including sperm quality, quantity and motility. These male infertility treatments are effective, safe and non-invasive. The best side-effects of these natural treatments include improved sleep, higher libido, greater virility, lower stress and less depression.
If you have any questions or thoughts on natural male infertility treatments, please comment below…
Kristen N. Burris, L.Ac., M.S.T.O.M., Dip. Ac., is an Acupuncturist and Herbalist who practices with her husband treating women and men for infertility at AmericanAcu.com.
Need marriage help? Get free relationship advice from Marriage Coach Mort Fertel.
Want to Blossom into who God created you to be? Sign up for my free weekly "Blossom Tips" email!