Can achieving the “pregnancy mindset” help you get pregnant? Yes, but the reason you’re not getting pregnant does matter. Knowing how to get pregnant is one thing, actually wanting to get pregnant is another, and having eggs and sperm that co-operate is something different altogether! This article is all about achieving the “pregnancy mindset.”
Before the tips, a quip:
“It’s okay to notice what you don’t want, because it gives you contrast to say, ‘This is what I do want.’ But the fact is, the more you talk about what you don’t want, or talk about how bad it is…well, you’re creating more of that.” ~ Jack Canfield.
Are you focusing on not getting pregnant, not conceiving a baby, and not experiencing the joy of positive pregnancy test? If so, according to the law of attraction, you’ll keep not getting pregnant. Getting pregnant can be a state of mind and heart, as well as a state of body. To learn more about the practical side of pregnancy, read Get Ready to Get Pregnant: Your Complete Prepregnancy Guide to Making a Smart and Healthy Baby. And, here are six ways to focus your mind and heart on getting pregnant (the emotional side of pregnancy)…
How to Get Pregnant – 6 Ways to Achieve the Pregnancy Mindset
1. Ask yourself if you really want to get pregnant. I’ve always hoped to get pregnant, but knew I wouldn’t be devastated if I never had children. Some people say that’s why I never got pregnant — because I never set my intention. I never achieved the “pregnancy mindset.” I actually think it’s because of our problems with sperm production and motility, but I often wondered if my mindset affect my ability to get pregnant.
2. Make getting pregnant a priority. If you’re serious about getting pregnant, then you need to prepare your body for pregnancy. It’s also important to make sure your partner is 100% committed to pregnancy, and that you both stay focused on conceiving a baby. Simple things like taking folic acid every day, learning how your temperature levels help you conceive a baby, and reading up on pregnancy and childbirth can solidify that “pregnancy mindset.”
3. Pay attention to your ovulation and menstrual cycle. Knowing when you ovulate (when your egg is coming down the chute) is key to getting pregnant! Learn about your ovulation cycle, FSH levels, and your most fertile days. Schedule physical intimacy for those optimal days — this is a basic “how to get pregnant” tip, but it can make all the difference in the world. I have to admit, I was sometimes a little sloppy with these things — I’m not a detail person!
4. Take consistent action towards getting pregnant. Commit to doing one thing a day — no matter how small — that brings you closer to conceiving a baby. This means exercising to stay healthy (or trying yoga for fertility), cleansing your body of as many toxins as possible, cutting back on caffeine, and consistently acting “as if” you’re already pregnant.
5. Say “no” to people and activities that aren’t healthy. If you’re been trying to get pregnant for awhile, then you know how to get pregnant! Stress, unhealthy eating habits, caffeine, drugs, alcohol — they can all impede your ability to conceive. Devote some time and energy to preparing your body to conceive. Avoid everything that could take you away from your goal; this may mean no hot tubbing, and doing everything you can to increase male and female fertility levels.
6. Don’t let your wish to get pregnant rule your life. If you focus only on conceiving a baby, then your marriage, relationships, work, social life, and physical health will suffer. Set realistic expectations for pregnancy (remember that it takes most couples a year on average to get pregnant). Get support from family, friends, doctors, and fertility specialists — whoever you think would be helpful.
Want to Blossom?
I don’t know if the “pregnancy mindset” can override your problems getting pregnant (especially if you’re a couple coping with infertility), but it can make a huge difference!
If you have any questions or thoughts on these ways to achieve the “pregnancy mindset”, please comment below…
Need marriage help? Get free relationship advice from Marriage Coach Mort Fertel.
Want to Blossom into who God created you to be? Sign up for my free weekly "Blossom Tips" email!