These ten tips for getting pregnant on vacation will give your holiday a whole new meaning (honeymoon baby!).
If you want a baby, you need to increase the romance and decrease the stress of trying to get pregnant. Some women get pregnant on an exotic holiday because they’re relaxed and de-stressed.
When I was on vacation in Maui recently, I realized that this would be a perfect time to get pregnant! Unfortunately, our infertility issues won’t be solved by a sunny holiday…but yours might be.
If you’re dealing with unexplained infertility or if you can’t get pregnant after several months of trying, consider your vacation as a second honeymoon! Even if you’re not married to your partner (and never had an official honeymoon), this could be the key to conceiving a baby.
Take What to Expect When You’re Expecting with you on vacation. It’ll put you in the mood for being pregnant (but not necessarily baby making!).
10 Tips for Getting Pregnant on Vacation
1. Book a condo with a full kitchen. This may not seem like a romantic idea, but believe me, you’ll want to eat dinner or breakfast in your room after your most intimate moments! Many of the condos in Maui– such as the Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas (where I stayed) have full kitchens. Some rooms are right on the beach. If you stock the fridge and pantry when you first arrive, you’ll be set for breakfast or dinner in bed. If you’re booking a vacation package in Maui, make sure you get at least a kitchenette.
If you’re anxious about making a honeymoon baby, read How to Relax When You’re Trying to Get Pregnant.
2. Splurge on a room or condo with a view of the ocean. It can be a bit more pricey, but picture yourself sitting on your balcony, relaxing together as you watch the sun set over the ocean. Imagine yourself waking up with coffee and Raisin Bran, listening to the waves hit those golden sandy shores. When I was trying to get pregnant, several women told me that the relaxation and beauty of a vacation like this might help.
3. Consider an all-inclusive resort vacation. If you stay at an all-inclusive, you won’t have to worry about food or cooking in your hotel room. An all-inclusive resort might even be more romantic than staying at a condo with a full kitchen, depending on your tastes and needs. If you are leaning towards an all-inclusive romantic holiday, you already know how to get pregnant on vacation because it’ so relaxing. You don’t have to do anything.
4. Bring “a goody bag for romance.” When my husband and I travel together, he always packs a goody bag of candles, matches, massage oil, and other things we enjoy on our romantic nights together. A goody bag is a great way to get intimate, especially for couples who want to have a baby.
Are you charting your most fertile days? Read Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test vs. the Calendar Method.
5. Give a romantic honeymoon gift every morning. If you really want to make it a romantic vacation, surprise your partner with a new present every day. If your holiday is around the time of an anniversary or birthday, creating a “birthday week” is romantic way to say “I love you.”
6. Exercise for an hour a day together. This may not seem like a romantic way to get pregnant on your holiday, but exercising together connect you to your new spouse in a whole new way. I love doing fitness DVDs and working out with my husband because it’s fun, motivating, and sexy to sweat and get fit as a couple. There are many ways to exercise if you’re on a tropical holiday, such as running on the beach, taking surfing lessons, snorkeling, or scuba diving.
7. Listen to the whales in Maui – don’t just whale watch. If you go to Maui in January or February, you’ll discover that you can hear the whales when your head is under water! It’s amazing – and such a romantic thing to experience with your partner. It’s also an inexpensive way to experience the magic of whales.
8. Stay as healthy as possible – and “tan, don’t burn”! Even just a few hours on a Maui beach can burn you to a crisp, which will not help you get pregnant on your vacation. Make sure you use loads of sunblock, and tan only for short periods of time – especially if you’re pale or fair-skinned. Drink lots of water, don’t drink too much alcohol, and get lots of sleep on your holiday…keeping your mind and body healthy can help with baby-making.
9. Go to a luau, and take hula dancing lessons together. The Drums of the Pacific at the Hyatt in Kaanapali offers a wonderful luau, and they invite the audience to try hula dancing on stage. It’s fun and of course you feel goofy dancing on stage, but it’s one of those things you’ll never forget you did together.
10. Talk about different ways to show your love. My husband and I didn’t do this on our honeymoon in St Maarten, but I wish we had. It would’ve been so romantic, and practical, too! Take a list of ways to say “I love you” with you, and talk about what does and doesn’t work. For instance, you may find it romantic if your spouse slips a love note in with your lunch…but your spouse may not see it as a loving gesture. Talking about how to show your love — especially if you’re dealing with infertility stress or depression — is a great way to strengthen your relationship.
Start preparing your mind and body to get pregnant. Read 10 Tips for a Healthy Pregnancy From a Certified Nurse Midwife.
Are you trying to get pregnant? Fairhaven Health's Hormone Balance Bundle improves egg quality, encourages cycle regularity, and helps your body ovulate regularly.
Need encouragement? Sign up for my weekly "Echoes of Joy" email - it's free, short, and energizing. Like me!
What do you think about these tips on how to get pregnant on vacation?