The more you know about personal finance – your financial IQ – the greater your chances of attracting more money into your life! Here are six practical ways to learn more about money so you can create wealth and security.
“Women will always be dependant until she holds a purse of her own.” ~ Elizabeth Cady Stanton.
Whether you’re a man or a woman, you need to hold your own purse – and that means taking charge of your money. Personal finance can be rewarding and liberating…unless you don’t have a clue about personal finance. If that’s you, have no fear — because these six tips for increasing your financial IQ will help you learn more about money, which will help you attract wealth into your life.
To learn more about earning money beyond your wildest dreams, read The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth.
6 Ways to Increase Your Financial IQ and Attract More Money
1. Join an investment club. An investment club consists of people who pool their money and invest together as a group. The focus is educational interaction and socializing, which helps investors learn what’s happening in the economy, make better investment decisions, and learn more about what they’re investing in. To find an investment club, search for “investment clubs” in your area. Or, look in your local newspaper or attend local businesswomen and businessmen’s meetings.
2. Invest in financial workshops, seminars, and conferences. Some finance companies host free workshops, which can be a great way to increase your money IQ. There are also relatively inexpensive money courses through local community colleges, businesses, and organizations. You don’t need to study investment charts or accounting textbooks to attract more money into your life – you need only start absorbing information about successful financial decisions and focus on how much money there is out there (because there’s a lot!).
3. Talk to stock brokers, real estate agents, investment advisors, personal finance advisors, etc. Ask as many questions as you can about anything and everything you think of. People love to share their expertise, and financial experts know that the general public doesn’t have a high financial IQ. The more questions you ask, the more you’ll learn about personal finance…and the more comfortable you’ll be with your money decisions.
4. Subscribe to one money magazine or newspaper. Go to your local library, and take out an assortment of money magazines. If you find one that appeals to you, subscribe to it – or make sure you regularly borrow the library’s latest issues. Make it a habit to read about money and finances. And, learn how good debt can create financial abundance.
5. Learn about your money personality and psychology. Knowing why you make the financial choices you do – whether you’re a saver or a spender – will increase your money IQ by increasing your insight and awareness. Your personality affects your saving and spending habits, and it all started with watching how your parents handled money when you were a child.
6. Read or listen to as many books about money as you can stand. Besides personal experience, the best way to learn anything is to tap expert knowledge! There are hundreds of audiotapes, CDs, print books, e-books, and Kindle books about passive sources of income, attracting more money into your life, investing in real estate, reducing your debt, retiring early, figuring out your money personality, solving money problems for married couples, playing the stock market, investing in mutual funds, etc. To increase your money IQ, you don’t need to read every book about finance from cover to cover…but it helps if you read a little bit every week. You’ll absorb what you read, and you’ll work towards achieving your financial goals.
For more tips, read Money and the Law of Attraction – 4 Ways to Attract Wealth.
Sign up for my free weekly "She Blossoms" newsletter
If you have any thoughts on these tips for increasing your financial IQ and attracting more money, please comment below…
Laurie's "She Blossoms" Books
Growing Forward When You Can't Go Back offers hope, encouragement, and strength for women walking through loss. My Blossom Tips are fresh and practical - they stem from my own experiences with a schizophrenic mother, foster homes, a devastating family estrangement, and infertility.
How to Let Go of Someone You Love: Powerful Secrets (and Practical Tips!) for Healing Your Heart is filled with comforting and healthy breakup advice. The Blossom Tips will help you loosen unhealthy attachments to the past, seal your heart with peace, and move forward with joy.
When You Miss Him Like Crazy: 25 Lessons to Move You From Broken to Blossoming After a Breakup will help you refocus your life, re-create yourself, and start living fully again! Your spirit will rise and you'll blossom into who you were created to be.