These are the seven best anti aging tips to help you feel good and look better – and they don’t involve Botox, cosmetic plastic surgery, or weight loss! These anti aging tips are from a fantastic book called 70 Ways to Beat 70. I love this book because it includes tips for everything from increasing your sense of wonder in the world to taking good care of your eyes.
Before the anti aging tips, a quip:
“Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter,” said Mark Twain.
Yes – but getting older matters far less if you feel great! To learn more about living longer and better, read 70 Ways to Beat 70: Keys to a Longer, Healthier Life by David Biebel, DMin, James Dill, MD, and Bobbie Dill, RN.
And, here are seven ways to feel great about your age…
The Best Anti Aging Tips to Help You Feel Good and Look Better
1. Take care of your eyes. To prevent age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, or vision impairment, eat plenty of yellow and green vegetables every day (spinach, turnip greens, collards, squash, peas, broccoli, pumpkin, and corn). This is key to a long, healthy life because those veggies contain lutein and zeaxanthin. Eggs are a good source of those components, too. For more info, read 7 Anti Aging Foods and Tips.
2. Cultivate a hobby. “Hobbies are great distractions from the worries and troubles that plague daily living,” writes Malone in 70 Ways to Beat 70. “Besides the reduction of stress and worry, hobbies can aid in the battle of depression…Individuals who are involved with their hobby are happier people.” If you have a hobby, you might like to read How Hobbies Become Money Making Careers.
3. Stay connected. This anti aging tip is key to helping you feel good and look better because a support network helps fight depression, loneliness, and poor health. The authors of 70 Ways to Beat 70 write, “Staying involved often spells the difference between aging gracefully and just growing old.”
4. Develop resilience. “Resilient people tend to adapt more easily to change and to be more optimistic than pessimistic,” write these authors. “They don’t give up easily, and they maintain hope even when it’s difficult….They handle uncertainty better than others and they like challenges.” This anti aging tip will help you bounce back from difficulties – which keeps you strong, happy, and healthy. If you want to increase your “bouncebackability”, read 5 Ways to Build Resilience – JK Rowling on my See Jane Soar blog.
Need encouragement? Get a beautiful FREE "She Blossoms" 2019 calendar when you sign up for my free weekly Blossom Tips!
5. Take charge of your health. “Your goal is to assemble a team of qualified allies with special talents ready to assist you in maintaining your health,” write the authors of 70 Ways to Beat 70. They recommend seeing yourself as the captain of your team – because you have the biggest impact on your how, and whether you will feel good and look better.
6. Cry more often. Crying makes you feel better emotionally, lubricates your eyes and prevents “dry eye”, remove toxic substances from the body, and enhance a sense of community with others. This anti aging tip strengthens your emotional, physical, and social well-being.
7. Value yourself. “If we believe we have intrinsic value – value that is not based on things like our looks, our intelligence, or our achievements – then we are more likely to choose friends and activities and to adopt goals consistent with that belief,” write the authors of 70 Ways to Beat 70.
Bonus anti-aging tip: Develope your sense of wonder and increase the “wow” factor in life. You know how kids are awed by rainbows, the moon, kittens, and cartoons? Well, another anti-aging tip is to tap into that sense of wonder you had as a child.