One of the best ways to lose 20 pounds is the 10 Minute Solutions DVDs. I love Lara Hudson’s yoga – but the boot camp DVD is probably the best way to lose 20 pounds.
What else do you need to lose weight? Perseverance.
“You’ve got to say, if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It’s called perseverance.” ~ Lee Iacocca.
You can lose that last 2o pounds – especially if you find the right type of motivation! My motivation is the 10 Minute Solutions DVDs — they’re a brilliant way to lose weight and keep it off.
Okay, on to my six tips for weight loss…
How to Lose 20 Pounds With the 10 Minute Solutions DVDs
1. Believe you deserve to lose weight. Some women sabotage their weight loss goals because they don’t believe they deserve to be fit and healthy. They don’t put themselves on the top of the priority list — and “if mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy.”
To lose 20 pounds, you need to believe in your heart and soul that you deserve it, that you’re worth the effort. Do you believe you deserve to be thin, fit, and healthy? It may sound hokey, but it’s true. If you don’t believe you’re worth it, you’ll never lose that last 20 pounds.
2. Put yourself first by prioritizing your goal to lose 20 pounds. You can have it all — just not at the same time. Since you can’t fit everything in, you need to figure out three things that are most important to you. Focus on those things.
For instance, the three things I focus on are my fitness/weight loss goals, my marriage, and my career goals. Women often put ourselves on the bottom of the priority list — everyone else comes first.
3. Make fitness and healthy eating an oasis in your day. The best way to achieve your weight loss goals is to make it a special, coveted part of the day. Find exercises that make you strong and powerful, that make you feel good about yourself. That’s why I do the 10 Minute Solutions DVDs; they make me feel good about exercising….and that makes losing that last 20 pounds easier.
4. Figure out your “best ways to lose weight.” I found weight loss easier when I surrounded myself with slim, healthy, fit people. I also like letting myself get hungry, to increase my mind-body connection. But these weight loss tips don’t work for everyone — which is why you need to find your own best ways to lose weight. Remember that learning how to lose 20 pounds is about trial and error. You have to keep trying until you find the tips that work for you!
5. Remember that every 10 minutes counts. When I don’t feel like working out — which is more often that I care to admit — I remind myself that even a 10 or 20 minute walk, run, or bike ride can make a difference. You don’t need to work out for an hour to lose weight. You just need to make healthy fitness part of your daily life. Soon, your body will crave the workout, and you’ll work out more days than you’ll miss. And, you’ll lose 20 pounds before you know it!
6. Don’t forget to lift weights – it increases metabolism, but doesn’t make you bulky. Weight-lifting is beneficial to women in so many ways — it tones muscles, speeds metabolism, increases physical strength, and boosts self-esteem! Women do not have enough testosterone in their body to make their muscles bulky, so you don’t have to worry about building a weight trainer’s muscles. In addition to helping you achieve your weight loss goals, weight training also decreases your risk of osteoporosis, improves your posture, and helps you feel more confident.”
If you’re not into Pilates, give the 10 Minute Solution: Ultimate Bootcamp a try.
For more tips for losing 20 pounds, read What is More Important When You Want to Lose Weight – Exercise or Diet?
What do you think – what’s the best way to lose that last 20 pounds? Comments welcome below…
Need encouragement? Sign up for my weekly "Echoes of Joy" email - it's free, short, and energizing. Like me! Is your relationship in trouble? Get 7 Steps to Fixing Your Marriage from relationship coach Mort Fertel. It's free and helpful, no strings attached.