Here’s how to find cheap all inclusive vacations to Maui and Hawaii. I went on a last-minute vacation packages to Maui (Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas) last year, and am going to the Waikiki Banyan in one week!
Here are ten tips for booking cheap vacation packages to Maui and Hawaii. I’ve spent hours researching flights, hotels, and things to do in the Hawaiian Islands — so learn from me, my friend.
Don’t forget to pack your Hawaiian guidebooks and reading material – I’m a big fan of Hawaii The Big Island Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook.
And, here are ten tips for finding cheap all inclusive vacation packages to the Hawaiian Islands…
How to Find Cheap All Inclusive Vacations to Maui and Hawaii
1. Go further than Expedia.com. I was told that Expedia is the best way to find a cheap vacation package to Maui – but it’s not. I found Red Tag.ca and West Jet Vacations far less expensive. Of course, booking the cheapest flight depends in part on where you live. The best thing to do is search for “cheap vacation packages to Maui”, and compare days, flights, hotels, and prices.
2. Be prepared for sudden price differences. It’s frustrating, but you need to accept that you’ll see a “$1,499” all inclusive vacation to Maui or Hawaii – and it’ll turn out to cost twice as much. The $1,499 price is based on the number of people in the hotel room, hotel availability, flight availability, and taxes. The price isn’t always what it first appears to be.
3. Clear your cached cookies often. Your computer might remember prices, days, and flight options – and that may not work in your favor. When you’re searching for a cheap vacation packages to Maui, make sure you delete your cookies so you can get the freshest, most recent deals.
4. Search for travel deals at different times of the day. I found Saturday afternoon to have the highest prices on even the cheapest online booking Web sites. First thing Monday morning, the prices had come down. I don’t know the exact best times to book, but I suggest searching for vacation packages at different times of the day and night.
5. If you call the online vacation package Web site, don’t expect miracles. I called the travel agents at Red Tag.ca, West Jet Vacations, Air Canada Vacations, and Expedia.com, and they all said the same thing: our search engines are the same, so they can’t get a better flight and hotel price to the Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas than I could. If you call a travel representative, don’t expect to get a better deal.
6. Consider booking a hotel and flight separately. Most vacation packages – such as all-inclusive resort vacations – that contain airfare and hotel accommodations are cheaper than booking flights and hotels separately. But, it depends on the hotel. I’ve learned that calling the hotel directly and talking to the in-house reservations department can help you book a less expensive room.
After you call Hawaii, you may change your mind and decide to go to Mexico, instead. Read 10 Tips for Booking a Cheap All Inclusive Vacation to Mexico.
Need encouragement? Get a beautiful FREE "She Blossoms" 2019 calendar when you sign up for my free weekly Blossom Tips!
7. Don’t forget about transportation from the hotel to the airport! One of the cheap all inclusive vacation travel websites I used for my stay at the Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas provided a hotel shuttle option. It’s an extra fee, of course, but there’s nothing worse than getting of the airplane after a long flight, and having to figure out how to get to the hotel!
8. Call the hotel directly for prices and availability. I’m hoping the Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas will be willing to give me a better price than what I could get through Red Tag or West Jet Vacation! Don’t hesitate to call the hotel of your choice directly; they might be able to give you a break on your vacation package.
9. Make sure the travel vacation website is secure before you book your trip. When you get to the “book and pay for your vacation package” page, make sure it’s a secure site. Secure Web sites have a [https://] beginning (not just [http://]), and are often in green. Don’t pay for a vacation package unless you know it’s secure.
10. Consider a budget youth hostel. When we went to Europe last year, my husband and I stayed in a youth hostel. It was fabulous — and I know Hawaii has them, too! Read Tips for Couples Staying at Youth Hostels for more info. It’s a whole different world than an all-inclusive resort, and it can help you see Maui and your fellow travelers in a whole new way.
Need packing tips? Read What to Pack for a Resort Vacation or All-Inclusive Holiday.
If you have any thoughts on how to find a cheap all inclusive vacation to Maui and Hawaii, please comment below…
Do you need relationship help? Get Mort Fertel's 7 Steps to Fixing Your Marriage. It's helpful - and free!