One of the best cardio Pilates DVDs is Keeping Fit With Andrea Metcalf. These tips for choosing a Pilates workout DVD will help you achieve your fitness and weight loss goals…
Before the tips, a quip:
“Nothing will work unless you do.” ~ John Wooden.
Have you found a workout that works for you? The number one way to achieve your weight loss goals is to find an exercise routine you love to do. Me, I love Pilates – and I especially love cardio Pilates DVDs that make me sweat. Andrea Metcalf’s Keeping Fit 3 Pack is a set of three DVDs — Pilates, Cardio, and Strength. It’s fantastic for both beginners and old Pilates pros, because the exercises can be dialed up or dialed down.
I know how hard it can be to choose a workout DVD, especially if you were disappointed by the ones you’ve tried in the past. But these tips will help you choose a fitness video that will help you achieve your weight loss goals…
4 Tips for Choosing a Pilates DVD
1. Try different types of workout DVDs. I’ve tried the 10 Minute Solutions Pilates DVDs, the Gaiam Pilates DVDs, Kathy Smith’s Pilates DVDs – and so far, Andrea Metcalf’s Keeping fit and Lara Hudson’s 10 Minute Solutions are the best ones for me. Actually, I enjoy all the 10 Minute Solutions Pilates DVDs – but I have to say that Andrea Metcalf is giving the 10 Minute Solutions girls a run for their money! When you’re choosing the best Pilates DVD, you need to try different ones until you find the one that works for your body and personality.
2. Set up a Pilates DVD exchange with your friends. If you can’t afford to buy several Pilates DVDs to try, set up an exchange program with your friends, family, and coworkers. Get five friends to each buy a different cardio Pilates DVD. Set up a rotational system, so everyone gets to try a different workout DVD every month. That way, you won’t get bored of the same old fitness routine and your body won’t get used to the same exercises.
If you need more ways to save money on your weight loss goals, read 7 Ways to Save Money on Your Workouts.
3. Talk to people who tried Pilates or fitness DVDs – like me! Most of us bloggers are friendly folk 🙂 and we welcome questions and comments on our articles. Search the internet for “best Pilates DVDs” and “fitness videos”, and don’t be shy about asking questions – especially if the writer or blogger reviewed the DVDs. My “Quips and Tips” websites don’t include product reviews as such, but I’d be happy to answer specific questions about the workouts I’ve tried.
4. Look for a long workout, divided into segments. One thing I love about Andrea Metcalf’s Keeping Fit 3 Pack is that each DVD is 50 minutes long, and divided into 10 minute chunks of exercise. This way, I can do a whole workout if I have time…or a short 10 minute workout if I don’t have time. A lot of cardio Pilates DVDs – and scads of other types of workout videos – are divided into these segments of time. It’s brilliant.
If you’re thinking about yoga, read the Best Yoga DVDs.
Sign up for my free weekly "She Blossoms" newsletter
5 Quick Tips for Achieving Your Weight Loss Goals
She Blossoms Books
Growing Forward When You Can't Go Back
- Set specific weight loss goals.
- Schedule a specific time to work out every day (I do a fitness or cardio Pilates DVD at 11 a.m., five days a week).
- Figure out why you’re struggling to lose weight (Are you an emotional eater? Does your partner have unhealthy eating habits?).
- Deal with your obstacles to weight loss.
- Learn what your best ways to lose weight are.
If you have any questions or suggestions for the best cardio Pilates DVDs, please comment below…