These beauty tips aren’t about plastic surgery or weight loss, fashion or fitness. Instead, here’s how to be beautiful from the inside out by Blossoming into the woman God created you to be. This is the type of beauty that will last forever because it touches your heart, soul, and spirit.
“You are 20% more beautiful to other people than the woman you see in the mirror every morning,” says Dr Eva Ritvo, co-author of The Beauty Prescription: The Complete Formula for Looking and Feeling Beautiful, on 7 Reasons Why You’re More Beautiful Than You Think. “Why? Because when you look at your reflection, all you see is your physical form, and all you’re doing is looking for flaws. But when others see you, they also take in your personality, style, intelligence, sex appeal wit…the entire you.”
Being a beautiful woman is about more than your weight, size, and shape. Your body esteem, self-confidence, and self-esteem – which all come from the inside – has a powerful effect how beautiful you appear to others.
Here’s one of my favorite quotes about being a beautiful woman – and Blossoming into who God created you to be:
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” – Marianne Williamson.
You are most beautiful when you’re free to be yourself, in all your God-given glory! That’s beauty from the inside out.
8 Ways to Be Beautiful From the Inside Out
A smile is the most beautiful curve on a woman’s body.
1. Your ability to charm matters more than your size and shape. “Charm…it’s sort of a bloom on a woman. If you have it, you don’t need anything else,” says J.M. Barrie. “If you don’t have it, it doesn’t much matter what else you have.” How you act and treat people affects your appearance far more than what you actually look like.
2. Finding the right reasons for improving your body image and self-esteem. “A better self-image doesn’t pay the rent or cook supper or prevent nuclear war. Feeling better about ourselves doesn’t change the world by itself, but it can give us energy to do what we want and work for change.” – From Our Bodies, Ourselves for the New Century from the Boston Women’s Health Book Collective. The more beautiful you feel – regardless of how the world perceives you – the more energy and vitality you’ll have. And this, my friend, makes you more beautiful in other people’s eyes.
3. Your personality changes how beautiful you look. “It’s beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.” – Unknown. This beauty tip is backed by scientific research: the kinder, more compassionate, and more reliable you are, the more attractive you’re perceived to be. To enhance your self-confidence, remember that who you are is more important than what you look like.
Get my free weekly "Blossom Tips" email - it's short and sweet. You'll love it!
4. Your “beauty quotient” has little to do with your body shape and size. “Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical,” says Sophia Loren. She was one of the most gorgeous women in history – and her beauty secret stemmed from the fact that that true appeal comes from how you feel on the inside – not what you look like on the outside. That’s what beauty from the inside out is all about.
5. Your imperfections make you beautiful. “Some beautiful things are more impressive when left imperfect than when too highly finished,” says La Rochefoucauld. Your flaws and weaknesses can make you more beautiful! When I studied psychology, I learned that people who make mistakes are more likeable than those who appear perfect. You can’t connect with perfect….but you like and love people who are real. That’s beauty from the inside out.
6. Perfectionism will drive you insane. “Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor, the enemy of the people,” says Anne Lamott. “It will keep you insane your whole life.” I think Lamott was referring to writing here, but it’s a beauty tip, too! You’ll never look perfect – so stop comparing yourself to the perfect bodies in women’s magazines.
7. Beauty isn’t about your skin, hair, or nails. “People are like stained-glass windows,” says psychologist Elisabeth Kubler-Ross. “They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.” How you act when you’re overwhelmed with frustration, stress, and anger makes you more – or less- beautiful than wearing all the makeup or cosmetic surgery in the world.
8. Self-confidences increases your beauty quotient. ” ‘Glamour’ is assurance. It is a kind of knowing that you are all right in every way, mentally and physically and in appearance and that, whatever the occasion or situation, you are equal to it,” said Marlene Dietrich. This beauty quotation – from one of the most beautiful, famous, strong women in history – shows that self-confidence makes you more appealing than perfect skin or a slim figure.
Be your own kind of beautiful! If you don’t have a great body image, read my tips for improving your physical self-confidence.
What do you think about these tips for being more beautiful from the inside out? Tell me your story – and how you’re feel about Blossoming into the woman God created you to be.
Your thoughts are welcome below! I don't give advice, but you can get free relationship help from marriage coach Mort Fertel.