My two week vacation in Maui was my best holiday trip ever – I stayed at the Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas in Hawaii. They’re great if you’re looking for vacation condo rentals – and here are 10 reasons why!
“No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” ~ Lin Yutang.
Perhaps, but the truth is I’d rather be at the Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas than in my own home. Two weeks isn’t long enough…but two months might be. If you’re going to Maui, read Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook — it’ll help you find the best places to visit on Maui.
10 Reasons to Stay at the Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas in Hawaii
1. Location on the Kaanapali beach stretch. The Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas are situated towards the north end of the long Kaanapali beach stretch. It’s a perfect location for running on the beach because you can jog or walk in the sand for an hour in either direction – which means you’ll never get bored with the “same old” scenery.
2. Quiet surroundings. Some other Maui Kaanapali hotels offer rooms that overlook the luau that they host every night, which I at first thought would be so much fun! Then, I realized that listening to a luau every night might get old fast. The Aston Kaanapali Villas don’t have nightly entertainment, which is perfect for morning larks like me (in bed by 9 pm!).
3. Free wireless in all the rooms. I’m a full-time writer and blogger who needs almost constant access to the internet. Most of the hotels I’ve stayed in offer wi-fi in the lobby, but not in the rooms – the Aston offers free wireless in the rooms and lobby. Their wireless connection was fast and reliable.
4. Free room safe. Our hotel room in Costa Rica (that was an all- inclusive resort vacation) had a safe for our passport, money and other important things, but it cost money top open and close it! I didn’t think I’d bother to use my safe at the Aston Kaanapali (laziness), but I gave this one a try – and was surprised at the peace of mind it offered.
5. Full kitchen in each condo rental. I think most Maui vacation condo rentals have a full kitchen, but since this was my first stay in hotel with a full kitchen, I was enthralled with the convenience, financial savings, and health benefits of staying in a hotel that offers a full fridge, dishwasher, stove, microwave, blender, pots and pans, dishes, and the basic cooking necessities.
Don’t forget to read What to Pack for a Beach Resort Vacation.
6. TV, DVD player, stereo in each room. The DVD player and stereo were especially useful to me; I brought an exercise DVD top Maui, hoping to stay as physically fit as possible. The stero was perfect for those “cook at home” nights, and for a musical setting for romantic evening trysts.
7. Grocery store in walking distance. This is one of the best things about the Maui Aston Kaanapali Villas: there’s huge grocery store that takes about 20 minutes to walk to. That small shopping complex also offers restaurants and other types of stores, and is a great way to take a break from the beach.
8. Extended checkout times. Many flights from Maui leave in the early and late evening, which lets you enjoy the last day on the beach, by the pool, or on a snorkeling tour! But, most hotels have a noon check out time…leaving you stranded from noon until your 10 pm flight. The Aston Kaanapali Villas will let you keep your room until you’re ready to leave for the airport at no charge – if nobody has booked your condo. If someone has booked your room that night, then the hotel offers free luggage storage and showers.
9. Cheap vacation discount packages. Before I booked at the Aston, I researched several different vacation packages to Maui. The Aston offered the least expensive price with the best options, which makes for a great start to a tropical island vacation!
10. Lobby book exchange. Jackpot! I found two of Oprah’s most recent magazines in the Aston Kaanapali’s free book and magazine exchange…and hundreds of novels to read and exchange. There’s nothing worse than being on vacation and having nothing to read…so this book exchange was perfect.
Other amenities at the Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas in Maui include: fitness center, parking, regular water aerobics, a swimming pool, direct beach access, poolside café and bar, and two pools.
If you haven’t been to Maui yet, read 10 Best Things to Do in Maui – From Whale Watching to Hana.
Have you stayed at the Aston Kaanapali Villas – or do you have any questions or tips? I welcome your thoughts below.