My name is Laurie Pawlik-Kienlen; I’m the Adventurous Writer who created the “She Blossoms” blog and book series. I write full-time from my treehouse overlooking the beautiful waters of Indian Arm in North Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Who are you, where in the world are you, and what brought you here? Your story is deep, wide, and rich – and I’d love to hear from you! Are you Blossoming into who God created you to be? Stick with me; I share tips and tools to help you flourish and thrive, no matter what season you’re in.
I’m glad you’re here.
Introduce yourself in the comments section below, tell me how you are. Share something you’re excited about or proud of! Or, unload something you’re struggling with or can’t figure out. Are you winning this race or fighting a hard battle?
My purpose is to help you Blossom by accepting the rainy seasons of life, walking in the valleys, and worshipping the Son. But don’t let the poetic language fool you; I love discovering and sharing practical tips and tools for healing and growing.
A Glimpse Into My Life
- My mom struggled with schizophrenia and nervous breakdowns my whole life; I lived in three foster homes and was on my own at 17 years old. My mom lives in a group home on an acreage outside Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. That’s where I met Jackson – the horse in the picture above!
- My dad is Jewish, born and raised in Jerusalem, Israel – where he still lives. I didn’t meet him until I went to Israel when I was 29 years old.
- I lived in Kenya, East Africa for three years. I taught Grade 8 Language Arts and High School Journalism at Rosslyn Academy, an American school for missionaries’ and ex-pat kids in Nairobi.
- My undergraduate degrees are in Education and Psychology from the University of Alberta, in Edmonton. My Master of Social Work (MSW) is from University of British Columbia (UBC), in Vancouver.
- I started volunteering with the Big Sisters/Big Brothers organization in 2012; my “Little” Sister is now 16 years old (she was 11 when we were matched). I was a Little Sister myself when I was 10 years old, in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. I’m still in touch with my Big Sister today! She lives in Toronto, Ontario.
- As a freelance writer, I’ve written for a wide range of magazines such as Reader’s Digest, Woman’s Day, MSN Health, Natural Health, Spirituality & Health, and sometimes More.
- I didn’t get married until I was 35…and I married Bruce, who I met 17 years earlier! He was a bartender at Chi Chi’s Mexican Restaurant, and I was a waitress. We were friends for a long, long time before I finally proposed! 🙂
- We struggled with infertility, and can’t have kids because of azoospermia. We chose not to get in vitro fertilization (IVF), though we did try intrauterine insemination (IUI). Those fertility treatments didn’t work; we decided not to adopt or foster kids.
- I’ve written several “She Blossoms” ebooks, which you’ll see below. How to Let Go of Someone You Love: Powerful Secrets and Practical Tips for Healing Your Heart has been on my bestsellers’ list for years.
I’ve been earning a full-time living as a blogger and writer since 2008. Amazing, I love it! Every day I wonder if today is my last day of work (will the internet suddenly implode and disappear? Boy, I hope not). I love my job, and am awed by God’s blessings.
After I turned 40, I got my Master of Social Work (MSW), taught myself to play the flute, and started painting with oils and acrylics (a dream come true for me). I also went on my first missions trip to Haiti. The older I get, the happier and more peaceful I become. And the bigger I Blossom 🙂
My purpose is to help women flourish and thrive – which is why I created Blossom Tips and How Love Blossoms. I love encouraging women over 40 to flourish in new seasons of life, ground themselves in God’s river of love, grace, freedom, and healing, and trust in the power of the Holy Spirit and Jesus to help them Blossom into who they were created to be.
Stay in touch!
The best way to connect with me is by signing up for my emails.
You might also join our “She Blossoms” Facebook Group, and meet other women who are flourishing in different seasons of life.
My “She Blossoms” eBooks
All my ebooks include information and advice from a variety of sources. I don’t focus on my own stories or tips, though I do share glimpses of how I survived foster homes, a schizophrenic mother, family estrangement, a home invasion, three years living and teaching in Africa, infertility – and how I Blossomed into all good things. Mostly, however, my ebooks are a vibrant, rich collection of wisdom, tools, and solutions for difficult problems.
.In How to Let Go of Someone You Love: Powerful Secrets and Practical Tips for Healing Your Heart After a Breakup, I’ll walk with you through the stormy waters and dry valleys, over the rocky mountains, to the fields of freedom. But first, you’ll say goodbye. It hurts to let go of someone you love, to cope with the pain of breaking up. Take heart, for you will heal! You’ll Blossom into who you were created to be and you’ll thrive in your new life.
Farewell, Friend: A Gentle Guide to Saying Goodbye to Your Dog – If you’ve ever lost a dog, you know how hard it is. I’m so sorry for your loss. It always hurts to say goodbye – and you may be surprised at how terrible you feel. I’ve lost two dogs and four cats, and each loss brought its own unique pain. Life without your dog is a sad adjustment of heart and home. Whether your loss was planned or accidental, you’re grieving the end of a season of your life…and you’ll never be the same.
Kitty Comforts: Help and Hope for Coping With the Loss of Your Cat – You’ll find companionship, hope, and healing after the loss of your pet cat. You’ll never forget your beloved animal, but you will feel less alone. You won’t “get over it”, but you will feel less burdened by grief, guilt, or regret. Your heart will heal, your spirits will lift, and your soul will lighten. I guarantee you’ll feel better as soon as you open your email, see Kitty Comforts in your inbox, and read my messages of hope, healing, and comfort.
I wrote Healing Your Cycle: Your Guide to the Safest Solutions for Irregular, Spotty, or Missing Menstrual Cycles for the hundreds of women who asked for help regulating their periods. To write this “She Blossoms” ebook, I more books, blogs, and resources on women’s cycles than I could count, and found the best and most reliable ways to balance hormones and get healthy.
My “She Blossoms” Blogs
My blogs and books help women survive trouble and turmoil by trusting God through difficult problems. I write about real life struggles such as letting go of a loved one, healing a broken heart, coping with infertility depression, or even finding the best jobs for introverted personality traits.
Relationship Blossoms started out as Quips and Tips for Love and Relationships. I found my new identity in God and am now Blossom. My purpose is to encourage and empower women in all types of relationships.
How Love Blossoms is an offshoot of my original love blog (Quips and Tips for Love and Relationships). That blog grew way too big, so I had to weed it out. So now I have two love and relationship blogs. There’s not much difference between the two, which is crazy. Someone needs to do something about that.
Life Blossoms was originally Quips and Tips for Achieving Your Goals. It covers everything from overcoming career obstacles to making more money. That blog was supposed to help readers achieve their personal, professional, and financial goals…and my most popular article is 40th Birthday Gift Ideas That Will Surprise and Delight Her.
Blossom Tips is an offshoot of the original Blossom in Life blog (Quips and Tips for Achieving Your Goals). Again, that blog got way too big! So I had to more weeding. I dug up the most popular blog posts, and replanted them as Blossom Tips.
Writing Blossoms was first called Quips and Tips for Successful Writers. It’s the first blog I ever started, back in 2008. I love that blog, dude. It’s all about writing, editing, getting published — and blogging! There, I combine quips from famous published writers with practical writing advice. My most popular article is 11 Types of Articles to Write for Magazines, and I write about everything from “how to grab your reader by the throat” to “reasons book manuscripts are rejected.”
Health Blossoms – originally Quips and Tips for Couples Coping With Infertility – was the blog I started when we found out we can’t have kids. Infertility is a drag, but it doesn’t have to destroy our lives! My husband and I are riding the infertility roller coaster, but it hasn’t destroyed our dreams or crushed our spirits. Back in the day, I wrote articles about getting pregnant, dealing with childlessness, and even improving sperm count.
And that, my friend, is me in a nutshell!
Your thoughts are welcome on any of my blogs – I’d love to hear from you. Share your story, tell me a joke, give me advice, unburden your soul. Tell me how you’re Blossoming in your life, or what’s holding you back.
Take good care of yourself, for you are worth taking good care of.
In peace and passion,