“You may delay, but time will not,” said Benjamin Franklin.
If you’re tired of waiting to shed pounds for good, you’ve come to the right place! Stacey Grieve is the author of Why Are You Weighting? It’s Not The Food That’s Making You Fat! – and this book on effective weight loss strategies is only available through her website (the link is at the end). And, read on for Grieve’s easy tips on shedding pounds for good…
5 Easy, Effective Tips to Shed Pounds for Good
1. Find another way to talk about what you are doing other than “losing” weight. This is because our brains are programmed to go looking for lost things. Whether it’s your keys, your money, or your weight, once your brain realizes something is lost, the hunt is on to find it again. So as of today, you are shedding pounds for good or achieving a lighter weight….you’re not focusing on weight loss.
2. Pay attention to how you talk to yourself. Be supportive, talk to yourself the same way a coach would. Don’t berate yourself because you are carrying extra weight. You can’t change the past, even if the past was only five minutes ago. Instead, focus on right now and what you can do at each meal. Keep your eye on the future, on how you are going to feel and look once you’ve shed those pounds. Stay positive when you’re shedding pounds for good, and know that you can get (back) to where you want to be.
3. Grab a few pictures of yourself at a weight you liked, and place them around your home and your office. Put one up on your mirror, on your fridge, on your computer monitor, anywhere where you will see it many times a day. Looking at yourself at a weight you like is far a more motivating tip for shedding pounds for good – rather than focusing on the extra weight.
4. Don’t focus on what you don’t want. Whatever you focus on increases, so if you are thinking thoughts like” I don’t want to be fat” you’re not helping yourself shed pounds for good! Instead, repeatedly think “I am a healthy eater at my ideal body weight” or “I am slim, healthy and happy” and watch what happens. This type of thinking has the type of energy behind it that will help you to get to your goals much faster than negative thinking ever will.
5. Drink lots of water! You want to flush out all those emptying fat cells when you’re shedding pounds for good. The more hydrated you are, the faster this will happen.
If you follow these easy, effective tips, your body will quickly shed pounds for good!
As an overweight child who grew into an extremely obese adult, Stacey Grieve spent the first half of her life battling with, and hating her body and her diet. Once she learned about the mind-body connection, and how to really use it for her weight, she was finally able to shed 135 lbs, release her inner thin person and live life at an ideal weight! She’s now made it her life’s mission to share this information with others so that they too can finally live life at their ideal weight. Visit her at WhyAreYouWeighting.com.
Sign up for my free weekly "She Blossoms" newsletter