These natural anti-aging tips are from recent research, and they can slow the aging process. These tips range from anti-wrinkle lotion (which is from a naturally occuring substance) to running your little heart out…
Before the tips, a quip:
“Sugar is the worst thing for your skin. Every doughnut, candy bar and soda adds to a toxic excess of blood sugar or glucose that shows up on your face!” says Dr Vincent Giampapa, author of The Anti-Aging Solution. “Frequent consumption of refined carbohydrates, which are ubiquitous in the American diet, can bump up cortisol levels. This can interfere with hormone balance and increase inflammation.”
If you want to look and feel old, keep eating junk food, my friend. Read The Anti-Aging Solution: 5 Simple Steps to Looking and Feeling Young for more info about staying young and healthy.
And, here are anti-aging tips and myths…
3 Natural Anti-Aging Tips and One Myth
1. Anti-wrinkle lotion can slow skin aging. Putting a naturally occurring fat molecule on your face may sound disgusting, but it’s an effective anti-aging tip! Research shows that naturally occurring lipids or greasy molecules increase collagen, which keeps skin tight and firm. This particular scientifically-proven anti-aging cream isn’t on the market yet; more research is required to confirm the effects.
To learn more about skin care, read 7 Tips for Reducing Wrinkles and Rashes.
2. Calorie restriction slows aging. “Over recent years, there has been a huge amount of debate about whether calorie restriction slows the aging process in humans. “Our research provides evidence that calorie restriction does work in humans like it has been shown to work in animals,” says Edward Weiss, Ph.D., associate professor of nutrition and dietetics at Saint Louis University’s Doisy College of Health Sciences and lead author of the study. “The next step is to determine if this in fact slows age-related tissue deterioration. The only way to be certain, though, is to do a long-term study.”
3. Go running. Regular running is one of the best anti-aging tips because it slows the effects of aging, say Stanford University School of Medicine researchers. Runners have fewer disabilities, a longer span of active life, and are half as likely to die early deaths (as compared to nonrunners). These researchers state that the health benefits of exercise are greater than they thought. “If you had to pick one thing to make people healthier as they age, it would be aerobic exercise,” says Dr James Fries.
The Anti-Aging Myth: Supplements Slow the Aging Process
S. Jay Olshansky, a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago, warns people that there is “no truth to the fountain of youth.”
Sign up for my free weekly "She Blossoms" newsletter
“While the public is bombarded by hype and lies, many biologists are intensively studying the underlying nature of aging in the belief that their research will eventually suggest ways to slow its progression and to thereby postpone infirmity and improve quality of life,” Olshansky writes in a Scientific American article. “But anyone purporting to offer an anti-aging product today is either mistaken or lying.”
So, while scientists are discovering activities that reduce the effects of aging, they may not have actually stop the aging process.
For more info about looking and feeling young, read 7 Anti-Aging Tips.
Laurie's "She Blossoms" Books
Growing Forward When You Can't Go Back offers hope, encouragement, and strength for women walking through loss. My Blossom Tips are fresh and practical - they stem from my own experiences with a schizophrenic mother, foster homes, a devastating family estrangement, and infertility.
How to Let Go of Someone You Love: Powerful Secrets (and Practical Tips!) for Healing Your Heart is filled with comforting and healthy breakup advice. The Blossom Tips will help you loosen unhealthy attachments to the past, seal your heart with peace, and move forward with joy.
When You Miss Him Like Crazy: 25 Lessons to Move You From Broken to Blossoming After a Breakup will help you refocus your life, re-create yourself, and start living fully again! Your spirit will rise and you'll blossom into who you were created to be.
- “New Fat-Based Anti-Wrinkle Lotion Slows Down the Aging of Skin, Study Shows,” ScienceDaily.
- “Running Slows the Aging Clock, Researchers Find,” ScienceDaily.
- “Looking for the Fountain of Youth? Cut Your Calories, Research Suggests.” ScienceDaily.
- “Scientists Warn Against Anti-Aging Hype,” ScienceDaily.