Achieving weight loss goals is easier with external support – and for some people, that means products, foods, or games that increase fat burn and help with weight loss. In these ten tips for losing weight, I almost guarantee you’ll find something that works for you!
Before the tips, a quip: “There are no ugly women; only lazy ones,” says Helena Rubenstein in My Life for Beauty. I think Rubenstein is saying that no matter what face and body you’re born with, if you just spend a little time on your appearance, you’ll become beautiful. Interesting! Possibly true.
Some people find “My Weight Loss Coach” to be a great way to lose weight — click the image for more info. And, read on for 10 products for that could help you achieve your weight loss goals…
10 Games, Foods, and Products for Burning Fat and Losing Weight
Each of these products are linked directly to Amazon; to learn more, click the link.
If your problem is that you eat too much before bed, read 6 Ways to Stop Stress Eating Late at Night.
1. Body Fat Analyzer and Scale for Losing Weight– displays your body fat percentage and body mass index, to keep you motivated to lose weight. If you buy a Body Fat Anaylzer and Scale (or just the Body Fat Analyzer by itself), make sure that you get a money-back guarantee. Some people say these products aren’t reliable – while others swear they work. If you’re serious about weight loss, you need to try different things until you find what works for you.
2. Nutrition, Energy, or Protein Bars for Eating Less– Nutrition bars can help with fat loss by letting you indulge in a satisfying treat while giving you the nutrients and fat your body needs (eating a little bit of healthy fat will make you feel full, which will prevent you from snacking). If you try nutrition bars to lose weight, make sure you choose ones you like! Luna has delicious flavors: Chai Tea, Chocolate Pecan Pie, and Lemon Zest.
3. Food & Fitness Journal for Eating Less – Research shows that if you write down every morsel that goes into your mouth, you’ll be more likely to lose weight and keep it off. It works because writing down all the food you eat acts as a deterrent: when you see how many cookies you’ve eaten, you’ll stop before you eat a dozen. Make it an extra effective way to burn fat by finding an “accountability partner” or food buddy: someone to show your food journal to.
4. “Shapely Secrets” or Isometrics for Gaining Muscle– Isometrics help you shape your physique and build muscle strength without sweating or going to the gym. This is an effective way to burn fat for people who can’t exercise or who are injured. Greer Childers created Shapely Secrets, which offers a money-back guarantee; she says research shows that her “diametric resistance” techniques are more effective than conventional weight training.
5. Wii Fit & Balance Board for Burning Fat – Many families swear this is the best way to burn fat — and it’s a great way for families to play and get fit together! Bowling, tennis, boxing, aerobics, yoga – Wii is a great way to try all those activities without even leaving home! It’s not all games…some programs, like yoga, teach you new poses and skills. To learn different ways to burn fat, read 10 Workouts to Boost Your Metabolism.
6. Walking or Aerobic Pedometer for Exercising More – If focusing on achieving weight loss goals works for you, then try setting a certain number of steps every day. Get a pedometer to record every step you take – and soon you’ll find yourself surpassing your walking goals and setting new records! This is a good goal for families, couples, or friends: the walking “loser” treats the “winner” to something fun (that’s not food related).
Sign up for my free weekly "She Blossoms" newsletter
7. Weight Loss Hypnosis CD for the Mind-Body Connection – Hypnosis can effectively help people quit smoking, overcome addictions, and even lose weight. Whether it’ll help you lose those last 5 (or 25) pounds depends on how suggestible you are. Again, it’s one of those “could be” effective ways to burn fat, but there the only way to know for sure is to try it.
8. Alli Weight-Loss Aid for Burning Fat – Glaxo Smith Kline makes this weight loss drug, and it is approved by the FDA, so it could be an effective way to burn fat. Alli is an over-the-counter weight loss aid that teaches you healthier eating habits – so it’s not just about taking a pill. Be careful with weight loss aids, though…some medical experts say that the only way to lose weight is by cutting calories and increasing your exercise level. If that’s true, a weight loss aid like Alli may not be the best way to lose weight.
9. Weight Watchers Points Calculator for Eating Fewer Calories – What I like about Weight Watchers is that you get the support of a group of like-minded people, weekly weigh-ins, and other weight loss tools (the magazine, the electronic points tracker, etc). Weight Watchers is a great way to learn how many fat and calorie “points” are in each food serving.
By the way, the folks at Weight Watchers contributed Improve Your Heart Health by Losing Weight, here on Blossom.
10. My Weight Loss Coach for Overall Fitness – Nintendo’s weight loss game is a fun, creative, informative way to get fit – especially if you’re not into the gym or Pilates class. It challenges you to eat healthier foods, walk more steps, and even do push ups regularly. The Weight Loss Coach sets daily and long-term goals — which can be an effective way to lose weight.
If you have any questions or thoughts on these products for burning fat and losing weight, please comment below…
Do you need encouragement and inspiration? Click here for my free Blossom Tips newsletter! One email a week, short and sweet.