My name is Laurie Pawlik-Kienlen; I’m a full-time blogger. I created “She Blossoms”, which is a series of blogs to help you listen to the still small voice, get out of your own way, and Blossom in your life.
Can you believe I’ve been earning a full-time living as a blogger and freelance writer since 2008? Amazing! Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t make it as a writer, artist, doctor, astronaut, preacher, or surfer.
Listen to that still, small voice inside of you. You will Blossom.
Random Stuff About Me
I welcome your thoughts in the comments section below – but the first thing you need to know about me is that I don’t give advice to anyone about anything. Unless their skirt is on fire and I see a bucket of water nearby. Even then, I wouldn’t give advice. I’d pour water on the flames.
- I lived in Kenya, East Africa for three years. I taught Language Arts and Journalism at Rosslyn Academy – an American school in Nairobi.
- My undergraduate degrees are in Education and Psychology from the University of Alberta, in Edmonton.
- Until recently, I was a full-time grad student at the University of British Columbia (UBC), in Vancouver. I earned my MSW (Master of Social Work).
- I was a volunteer Big Sister through the Big Sisters organization for three years. I was a Little Sister when I was 10 or 11, in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. I’m still in touch with my Big Sister, who lives in Toronto, Ontario.
- As a freelance writer, I’ve written for a wide range of publications, including Reader’s Digest, Woman’s Day, MSN Health, Natural Health, Spirituality & Health, and sometimes More.
- My dad was born, raised, and currently lives in Jerusalem, Israel. He’s Jewish. I’m Christian. My mom lives in a group home on an acreage outside Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. She’s struggled with schizophrenia my whole life. I lived in foster homes as a child.
- My husband and I can’t have kids because of azoospermia. We chose not to get in vitro fertilization or IVF, though we did try intrauterine insemination or IUI. We also chose not to adopt or foster kids.
- I’ve written several ebooks. How to Let Go of Someone You Love: 3 Powerful Secrets (and 75 Tips!) for Healing Your Heart is my most popular.
My purpose is to help women Blossom – which is why I created She Blossoms. It’s my latest, greatest blog! I’m particularly enchanted with the idea of encouraging women over 40 to flourish in a new season of life.
After I turned 40, I got my Master of Social Work (MSW), taught myself to play the flute, and started painting with oils and acrylics (a dream come true for me). I also went on my first missions trip to Haiti. The older I get, the happier and more peaceful I become. And the bigger I Blossom 🙂
Other ways to stay in touch with me:
But I spend almost no time on Facebook or any social media site, which is why it’s best if you subscribe to my Blossom newsletter, above 🙂 .
My Blossom Blogs
Blossom in Love started out as Quips and Tips for Love and Relationships. I “rebranded” and am now Blossom. My purpose is to encourage and empower women in all types of relationship situations.
Blossom in Life was originally Quips and Tips for Achieving Your Goals. It covers everything from overcoming career obstacles to making more money. That blog was supposed to help readers achieve their personal, professional, and financial goals…and my most popular article is 40th Birthday Gift Ideas for Her – Creative and Thoughtful.
Blossom in your Writing was first called Quips and Tips for Successful Writers. It’s the first blog I ever started, back in 2008. I love that blog, dude. It’s all about writing, editing, getting published — and blogging! There, I combine quips from famous published writers with practical writing advice. My most popular article is 11 Types of Articles to Write for Magazines, and I write about everything from “how to grab your reader by the throat” to “reasons book manuscripts are rejected.”
Blossom in Health – originally Quips and Tips for Couples Coping With Infertility – was the blog I started when we found out we can’t have kids. Infertility is a drag, but it doesn’t have to destroy our lives! My husband and I are riding the infertility roller coaster, but it hasn’t destroyed our dreams or crushed our spirits. Back in the day, I wrote articles about getting pregnant, dealing with childlessness, and even improving sperm count.
The “quips and tips” in my ebooks are not the same as the “quips and tips” on my blogs! All my ebooks include information and advice from a wide variety of sources. My ebooks aren’t just my tips — they’re me tapping into the brains of smart, experienced, educated, helpful people, and sharing what I learned.
75 Ways to Let Go of Someone You Love – to help people let go of the past and move on with their lives. Letting go is one of the most painful things you’ll ever do…but there are ways to make it easier.
How to Survive the Loss of Your Pet – for people who are struggling to cope with pet loss. I interviewed veterinarians, grief experts, and pet owners who loved and lost their animals. This ebook contains 75 tips for healing after pet loss.
75 Ways to Make (More) Money Blogging – to help writers and bloggers make money doing what they love! If you spend time and energy on your blog, you deserve to earn a few bucks for your efforts. This ebook isn’t just about making money blogging, it’s about building a better blog.
73 Ways to Fire Up (or Just Fire!) the Muse – to help writers and bloggers overcome fear, self-doubt, criticism, and uncertainty. After all, who wants to read age 95 and wish they had written that bestselling novel? Who wants to die with unfulfilled dreams and desires? Not me.
80 Ways to Say “I Love You” – was to help people like me, who struggle to find the right holiday, anniversary, and birthday gifts for their partners! This ebook is about more than gifts, though — it’s about saying “I love you” and building a more meaningful relationship in small, incredibly important ways every day.
That’s me, in a nutshell. What say you? Comments and questions welcome below. I can’t give advice, but I love hearing from readers…
In peace and passion,