Here are this week’s new articles from The Adventurous Writer – divorce was the hot topic, because of a wonderful book I’ve been reading (and no, it’s not because my marriage is unhappy!). I also wrote about writing careers, Thanksgiving, saving money for Christmas shopping, and Halloween costumes.
Need encouragement to Blossom into a new season of life? Sign up for my free weekly emails!
First, advice from Ray Bradbury for writers:
“To sum it all up, if you want to write, if you want to create, you must be the most sublime fool that God ever turned out and sent rambling.
You must write every single day of your life.
You must read dreadful dumb books and glorious books, and let them wrestle in beautiful fights inside your head, vulgar one moment, brilliant the next.
You must lurk in libraries and climb the stacks like ladders to sniff books like perfumes and wear books like hats upon your crazy heads.
I wish for you a wrestling match with your Creative Muse that will last a lifetime.
I wish craziness and foolishness and madness upon you.
May you live with hysteria, and out of it make fine stories—science fiction or otherwise.
Which finally means, may you be in love every day for the next 20,000 days. And out of that love, remake a world.”
Thanks, Mr Bradbury — this is wonderful advice for writers.
Okay, here’s a roundup of my new articles on my four blogs…
New Article on Quips & Tips for Successful Writers
- Magazine Writing Jobs – A List of Magazine Editorial Staff – I quoted Rona Maynard in this article – she was the editor of the fabulously successful Chatelaine magazine for 10 years. Canadian!
New Articles on Quips & Tips for Achieving Your Goals
- What to Expect After You File for Divorce– if you’re getting a divorce, here are four options (I’d go with mediation – but I’m not getting divorced!).
- How to Save Christmas Money Before the Holiday Season – this is a great list of ways to save money, from Ethan Ewing of Bills.com.
- Signs of Eating Disorders in Teenagers – because too many girls struggle with body image and body confidence issues.
- 8 Thanksgiving Gift Ideas for Turkey Day – Thanksgiving is just ‘round the corner for Canadians…what are you taking for the cooker of the turkey?
- Going to a Potluck on Turkey Day? Thanksgiving Dinner Ideas– if you’re invited to a turkey day potluck, you’ll find some great ideas for gifts and dishes here.
- How to Find the Right Brain Games and Brain Exercises – from Alex Colket, creator of PlayWithYourMind.com.
New Articles on Quips & Tips for Couples Coping With Infertility
- Infertility and Divorce – How to Know if You Can Save Your Marriage – I tell ya, I picked up A Step-by-Step Guide to Deciding Whether to Stay or Go by Susan Pease Gadoua because I thought it’d trigger an article idea…and I wrote three articles about divorce.
- Ways to Cope With Infertility Depression on Thanksgiving Day – because infertility depression is worse over the holidays, unless you can get out of town or something.
New Articles on See Jane Soar
- Women Considering Divorce – Signs It’s Time to Leave Your Husband – it can be hard to know if you can save your marriage, but sometimes the signs say go go go!!
- What Halloween Costumes Reveal About Personality Traits – Halloween is just ‘round the corner for everyone (not just Canadians!) – what does your costume say about you?
If you want to read more about relationships, go to Popular Articles About Love, Relationships, and Infidelity — there’s lots of info there!
Oh, yes, and I also wrote How to Decide About Getting Divorced: 4 Options for Married Couples in Unhappy Marriages on my Psychology topic on Suite101, where I’m a Feature Writer. Mustn’t forget about Suite!
What I’m Reading This Week – Book Recommendation
As I said, I’m reading Contemplating Divorce: A Step-by-Step Guide to Deciding Whether to Stay or Go by Susan Pease Gadoua. Even if you aren’t considering divorce, this book shows how to build a happy marriage – or how to reconnect with your spouse. And since so many readers ask questions about love and relationships on my Quips & Tips blogs, I think this information will help me help them!
Click on the book cover for details.
That’s it for this week!
You’re welcome to share your thoughts, questions, concerns, or jokes below…