Making Your Blog Posts Popular – 5 Web Writing Tips
These tips for marketing your blog posts are from experienced Suite 101 writer, Mark Solomon. He uses over 70 marketing techniques to make his blog posts more popular – and here he shares five big ones!
Before the tips, a quip:
“Next to doing the right thing, the most important thing is to let people know you are doing the right thing.” ~ John D. Rockefeller.
Solomon is not only doing the right thing…he’s letting other web writers and bloggers in on his secrets. For more ways to increase your blog readership, click the unbelievably helpful Problogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six Figure Income. And, read on for five ways to market your blog posts…
5 Ways to Make Your Blog Posts Popular – Guest Post
While blogging can be a soothing and enriching experience for many of us simply by engaging in the act, many of us also enjoy making money at it. For this to happen, we then have to turn on the marketing afterburners, and market just as hard as we blog.
To paraphrase the great fable, “If a blogger has blogged and no one visited the blog, has the blogger actually blogged?” My opinion is, no. The blogger has not blogged as far as their bank account is concerned since no traffic, nor revenue, came from the act.
While certainly not a philosophically pure thought, it is nonetheless my coin-operated thinking. How to make the proverbial walls shake with activity as visitors leap through the Web portal and into our blog world is the natural next question. The answer to promoting your blog, in part, is to engage or apply at least five of the 72+ article marketing techniques I use when I have a blog post I am particularly proud of.
1. Ping, ping, and ping some more. Services such as pingomatic.com can be set-up for automatic notification when you post on your blog. Avoid duplicate pinging with the multiple services out there; use perhaps a few that reach the largest audience.
2. Set up social bookmarks. There are over 100 social bookmarking sites, such as Digg, Delicious, Linkarena, etc. are all aimed at users selecting the thought leaders in a particular niche. If you highlight your article on a few social bookmarking sites, the search engines will assess your post more favorably. As with pinging, engage this tactic with delicacy or it can be viewed as spamming.
3. Post your links on Squidoo pages. Set up a free page and simply link to your articles as you post. It is better to have relevant content plus keywords linked, but any link will improve your ranking. Since Squidoo is somewhat of an authority site, links flowing from these pages carry more weight.
4. Set-up a free Scribd site with summaries, introduction parargraphs of your articles complete with links and even the full article. Because of the method of display, the duplicate content search engine ranking reduction is not as much of a factor. Same advice works for Hubpages.com and many other high ranking sites.
5. Reformat the article and send it to an article sharing, cross-linking site. This will bring in potentially hundreds of links to your post and can increase blog traffic dramatically. With this tactic alone, I have taken one of my completely new niche blogs in a highly competitive space from 0 unique visitors to hundreds inside of 2 weeks. This is the tip of a large, traffic-building iceberg.
What’s your favorite way of making your blog posts more popular? If you have any questions or comments on these tips for marketing your web writing, please share below.
What's going on in your life? Tell me below!I don't give advice, but writing can bring healing to your spirit and soul.Take heart, keep the faith, have courage ... Laurie
Mark Solomon is an internet entrepreneur, commodity trader, Brazil bio-diesel farmer, and financial guide. His sole purpose in life is to corner the world market on Nutella. Visit him at Solomon Financial Strategies.