If you’re asking, “How do I get blog traffic?”, you’re not alone! These five best ways to increase targeted traffic are from “copy writing queen” Michelle Salater — and they’ll help you attract more blog readers.
Need encouragement to Blossom into a new season of life? Sign up for my free weekly emails!
Before her tips, a quip:
“You can’t take something off the Internet – it’s like taking pee out of a pool.” – unknown
Remember that whatever you post on the internet is practically undeletable – so watch your words, fellow scribes! If you’re serious about increasing blog traffic, you must read The Web Content Strategist’s Bible: The Complete Guide To A New And Lucrative Career For Writers Of All Kinds.
And here are five tips for increasing traffic to your blog or website…
Get Blog Traffic – 5 Best Ways to Increase Targeted Traffic
Attracting targeted traffic to your blog can cost a small fortune – but it doesn’t have to if you know the right tips, tools, and strategies!
1. Post comments on blogs, forums, and discussion boards related to your target market. Join a discussion board forum related to your industry. Post comments, get consumer feedback, and learn new industry information. Posting relevant and helpful comments can increase your credibility and increase your exposure. After every comment, include a link to your blog or website.
2. Use social bookmarks to get blog traffic. Bookmarking your online articles and website on a site, such as Digg, under specific categories allows you to reach out to your target market. It permits you to share your web content with others and allows them to vote on its content. If it becomes popular among viewers, it will be voted to the front page of the bookmarking site and be viewed by thousands of potential clients.
3. Use RSS feeds and email lists – they allow you to reach subscribers interested in what your company has to offer. RSS feed and emails are similar since they’re both sent to subscribers, providing them with updated information. RSS feed makes it easy for subscribers to be alerted immediately and allows them to click on the link to your website. Using these combined marketing strategies will increase your client base and help you get blog traffic.
4. Exchange links with other bloggers to increase targeted traffic. If your link can be found on a handful of websites or blogs — especially popular ones — it can dramatically increase the number of clients visiting your website or blog. Also, consider guest blogging on other sites, or inviting guest bloggers to write posts for you.
5. Use online article directories – they allow you to place niche-oriented articles into specific categories. Your target audience is more likely to be searching for articles in a specific category. For example, if your freelancing company writes an article for ezinearticles.com and submits it under the freelancing category, you’ll receive viewers who are specifically searching for freelancing articles. This will eliminate viewers who are not in your specific target market — and it’ll increase targeted traffic.
For more blogging tips, read How Do Bloggers Earn Money? 8 Ways to Earn an Income Online.
If you have any thoughts or questions about getting blog traffic or these ways to increase targeted traffic, please comment below…
Michelle Salater recently crowned herself The Web Copy Writing Queen.